cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGuiWindow testing with QTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Mercury's QuickTest Professional (QTP) to script a set of actions in the test manager. When trying to find a Test Catalog I get a Hit List window. QTP recognizes this as a SAPGuiWindow, and simply sees a set of SAPGuiLabels inside. I am using Programmatic Descriptions in my script (rather than the test object repository) to work with these labels since they will be unique with each execution of the script.

I'm struggling with getting QTP to find the target item in the hit list. The obvious choice would be to use the ChildObjects method, but at Run-time, the SAPGuiWindow doesn't support this method. It will only work with test objects already declared as children.

The Object Spy tool provides a list of methods available to the SAPGuiWindow at runtime, but nothing appears to be useful.

The only other option I've thought of is to write a loop to look at all SAPGuiLabels in this window by index and check their text properties for my desired target.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to use Object Repository rather than Descriptive Programming

Because OR is easy to programme and faster in execution

But before adding objects to object repository, go to tools->Object Identification

Disable the smart identification

Only Check required properties to identify the object uniquely

If there is no unique property to identify the object then use index. Index will be automatically assigned while adding objects to OR if the object properties are not sufficient to identify the object uniquely

Regards,

Anand