cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC TO RFC Sync scenario Dealing with Two DB Tables

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After searching SDN for revelant post, however I am in ambigous state and finally decided to post this scenario.

I have a JDBC TO RFC Scenario, where the data is fetching from Detail Table and Mapped with respective RFC(BAPI) in ECC system and RFC Response is getting back to PI and the Response is mapped with Header Table (DB Table say status) .

I am in confusion, whether to acheive this using BPM (Async/Sync Bridge) or Without BPM.

I tried to achieve this without using BPM, but from ECC we are getting response as Synchronous I thought of using BPM.

Can you please suggest on this how to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance

Kumar   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Its always good to use BPM in this case because Sender JDBC does not work in Synchronous mode. But you can try with Request Response bean in Sender JDBC and check whether you can achieve it or not. Please find the below blog where it is mentioned:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1749229

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Othere than  RequestResponse/ResponseOneway Bean and BPM, you can try the RFC lookup  so your scenario will be:

JDBC->RFClookup in Mappining - > JDBC(update Status Table).

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

My opinion is similar that the Baskar's. May be, i would do two scenarios JDBC - RFC,  PROXY - JDBC,

if you don't need to save any status information in the ERP i would do two asyncrhonous scenarios.

In the RFC if all is ok, inside, i would call the second scenario by abap proxy.

Also, you can use JDBC - PROXY & PROXY - JDBC or JDBC - RFC & RFC - JDBC, but i dont like so much the RFC sender and if the RFC is constructed yet you can avoid the effort to do a receiver proxy abap.

Regards.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is possible to achieve without bpm.  Use Jdbc -> RFC->JDBC async sync using requestresponse bean ane one way response bean adapter modules. Please refer this thread too

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1801987

0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar for your quick reply.

I am trying to implement my scenario using request/response Bean.

For this I tried with Demo scenario FILE-RFC-FILE, in which I am getting the response from RFC and this is successfully saved in a FILE.

However I have few queries regading my scenario i.e JDBC-RFC-JDBC using request/response Bean

1.  Will the same Request/Respponse BEAN work for my scenario?

2.  So if BEAN works, I will use sender JDBC  as synchronous. This way. I will create a JDBC synchrnous Service Interface and RFC synchronous Service Interface. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Note : The Response from RFC is going to store in Different Table(Header Table in my case).

regards,

Kumar

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I donot think request/response bean will work to achive your req without BPM,you need to use BPM for this.