Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data in sap apo - demand planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru's,

greeting's in advance...

initially we create characteristic value combinations and do planning in DP if we create a background job with program /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN if new master data will come to infoprovider it will create automatically right if any structural changes comes in old master data ( i.e change customer and product )

we use realignment copy function why realignment function made for please tell me scenario type

thanks & regards

Bhavani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavani,

Can you elaborate your question.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pramod ji,

my question is how we gona create CVC's in initial and later

what is the difference between realignment and copy function

thanks & regards

Bhavani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavani,

The difference between realignment and copy function is :

COPY: one is change in current product characteristics (copy and delete old CVCs). This is used when demand planning characteristics are changing and therefore the existing planning data including history needs to be reflected as new changed characteristics for the product moving forward. In this case copy to new and delete the old CVCs are done.

Realignment : when new products are introduced (copy CVCs) which are similar in planning characteristics (CVCs) to an existing product ex., in a new location or geography when an existing product is going to be sold and hence planned. This is the "Copy function " of Realignment.

Cheers,

Ankit

Answers (0)