cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP mobile application do not connect to SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We trying to connect from com.sap.mobile.hcm.leaverequest application to our Sybase server.

When we trying to connect the device to SUP, we got the error "Error occured during user activation; check your SUP login credentials..." (From Android). iOS telling just about the same.

We using:

-Andriid

-iOS

-SUP 2.1.3

-SAP Gateway 2.0

We do not use Relay server (this is demo solution).

To do our SCC settings we used this guide (as basic):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/607b76a7-c345-2f10-d5b3-f236ea676...

Here is screenshots of our customisations of the settings that are required for authentication, as I suppose:

I will provide more information if require.

The SUP server log shows nothing (we activated Proxy component on Debug level). Other Log components do not provide any helpful data.

The Windows server logs do not contain any suspicious messages.

On mobile devise we using for autentification:

Login Type:                      Manual

SUP Host Addres:           192.168.1.107

Port:                                 5001

SUP Company ID:           0

SUP User Name:             employee

SUP Activation Code:      123

Login Credentials (this is login to our SAP system as i suppose)

User Name:                      manager

Password:                        ******

We would be glad of any useful information.

Thanks in advance.

Dmitry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

I hope you installed SUP on Windows7/Windows 2008 server OS?

I think SUP machine 5001 port is not accessbile. Try to add this port in Fire wall by going to Control Panel --> Windows Firewall --> Advanced Settings (In left panel) --> Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules. Try adding an exception for 5001 port on SUP server.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

Thanks for the quick reply.

We installed SUP on Windows 2008 and Windows Firewall is deactivated on our server.

We have access to 5001 port.

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

I am not sure how you checked that 5001 port. Try to add it to Inbound and Outbound Rules and check once.

If problem persists then could you please collect the logs using iphone configuration utility when you click on connect button on application, so that i can analyze the issue?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

We added 5001 port to Inbound and Outbound Rules and it doesn't help.

We chesked port accessability via CMD TELNET.

The part of logs from IPad attached to this message as screenshots.

Regards,

Dmitry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

The problem is not there where your thinking, the problem is in the security settings, instead of using Admin try using a NoSecAuth, also ensure that Basic Authentication has been maintained for the gateway user at the gateway as well in the SAP-HR

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

After looking at log, it looks like problem is with application configuration.

As you mentioned, you are not getting any log at all. I hope you have access to server. Could you please check the server log located under <INSTALLDIR>\servers\UnwiredServer\logs folder?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you for the new point of view!

We tryed with two security configurations NoSecAuth and HttpAuthentificationLoginModule (created new, not admin).

Also we have Gateway and SAP in one system, and our user have SAP_ALL and he pass in "iwcnt/leavemanagement" and system successfully.

Is this enough to run correctly?

Regards,

Dmitry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

I found marks about our connections in

SAPMOBILE_OBMO_MOLogAuth.txt

Something like:

20121212T171711.750|2|User/Activation Code combination [MANAGER/123] not registered. Connecting Device ID = 3f590a8d60ea6fafa957e7e2bc2c659ca8788d92__com.sap.meps.leaverequest.|manager

I looked frough structure of log folder and found marks only in MOLogAuth.

Can you suggest which file should I find?

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Under logs folder, please check below log files:

<ServerName>-server.log Also there would be some old archives, check them as well.

MOLogMobileObjects\<ServerName>_OBMO_MOLogMobileObjects_*.txt (This should really help)

MO\<ServerName>_OBMO_MO_*.txt

Let's see what errors are available in these logs for your user.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Also from log pasted above, i am worried about MANAGER/123.

You are using employee (device name) then why Manager is being used. Please check you are providing correct values.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I see that the error is "error during user activation". So I guess the issue is with either AppID-Sec.Config-Domain which are part fo connection template Or User/activation code.

Did you edit the application connection template and added the domain later?

Did you check the manual user created in SCC is not expired? Activation code for user has a defaulut expiry time of 72 hours. If it is expired, please create new one.

May be you can try creating applicatio conection again and try to register. Do it in the below order

Create  Sec Config.

Create Application ID and choose domain as default while creating the application ID.

AppID created in SCC should exactly match with whats provided i documentation (Ex: "com.sap.mobile.hcm.leaverequest").

You can refer to doc http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23532 for asistance on creating appID and sec config.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

MANAGER is ok.  I have recreated users, to doublecheck the data (new one is manager) and applications.

About log files that you adviced:

<ServerName>-server.log - empty

MOLogMobileObjects\<ServerName>_OBMO_MOLogMobileObjects_*.txt - is for MBO, but we are using OData

MO\<ServerName>_OBMO_MO_*.txt - attached to this message. But i did not find there anything useful. Maybe you are able to do this.

Regards,

Dmitry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rohith!

First of all we used your guide, and made all required configurations as it seems to us.

Answering your questions:

- Did you edit the application connection template and added the domain later?

- Yes, with default domain, during the creation.

- Did you check the manual user created in SCC is not expired? Activation code for user has a defaulut expiry time of 72 hours. If it is expired, please create new one.

- Yes, it is not expired. We reregistered user several times in last few hours.

We recreated the application and application connection in the the order that you suggested with the new security profile.

If you have any other ideas, please share with us.

Best regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Please check the archieved server.log files.

You can also check the eventvwr errors to see if something is wrong with IMO component.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I assume that your app ID is correctly created in SCC(Ex: "com.sap.mobile.hcm.leaverequest")..

Also check if the SUP server is using port 5001 for messaging. 

You can check this under Servers>>Server Configuration>>Messaging(tab)>>Listers(sub tab).

Check the port number listed there. If not 5001, use the same for registration.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith!

Thank you for your reply!

Yes we have 5001 port for messaging.

We have missed something. We did not configure any roles, role mapping or users in SCC. Is it necessary for authentification or NoSecLoginModule taking care of it?

Best regards,

Dmitry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

Thanks for your contribution.

Eventvwr shows nothing about our problem.

Also server.log and archive server.log are empty. Do we need to activate them somewhere? If it is so, please tell us how.

Also we have empty security log in Monitoring. I suppose that something interesting can be there. Do we need activate them or it is normal?

Best regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

I doubt something is really wrong here.

I saw that you enabled logging for PROXY component with DEBUG option. Could you please enable DEBUG option for first 7 entries because i doubt that it's not going into PROXY component at all and coming out before that? Please upload complete logs folder here.

Please check that you are not getting error related to VC Runtime in eventvwr.

There is no need to do the role mapping for NoSecLoginModule.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Since it is Manual onboarding NoSecLoginModule should do. Now I am wondering why it is not registering!

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

There is no VC Runtime errors in eventvwr.

The logs attached to this reply (file: logs.txt).

We enabled DEBUG option for first 7 entries as you said:

We tryed to connect from iPad and Android.

Aplicatin user: "leave".

Also after reinstallation of SUP and OS on our server, we are getting new error in iPad logs. It is also attached (file: IMG_0010.PNG).

Hope it could help you.

Best regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I see no errors in Log file you provided but still you are getting error. Can you provide complete logs folder itself?

Did you tried using any other application?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Logs folder in attachment. Change file extension to zip, to open it (logs.txt = logs.zip).

We also tried with applications:

com.sap.mobile.travelreport

com.sap.mobile.travelexpense

com.sap.mobile.hcm.hrapprovals

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

log.txt.zip contains only one file which doesnt have any error at all.

I need the zipped logs folder (in which all the log files and folders are present) to check each log to get into root cause.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

I'm not able to attach *.zip file to my reply.

File types allowed: .asc, .txt, .text, .xml, .xsl, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe

You need to unpack log.txt.zip and change the extension from log.txt to log.zip. After that you will be able to unpack log.zip and get the log folder.

Or share with me your e-mail, and I'll send it by mail.

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

My email id is given in my profile.

Attached zip file, after extract i see only one log.txt in it.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

You are on the right way! Now you need to rename log.txt file! You need to change name from "log.txt" to "log.zip". And you will get the zip file of log folder.

By the way, your email address hidden as "Private" for me.

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmirty,

When i rename log.txt to log.zip and try to extract using WinRAR, it gives me error that it's not valid archive.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, Abhishek.

Please, write me to e-mail:

managersup@gmail.com

and I'll send you the log folder.

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Sent you one email with the same subject.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I checked logs and observed that there might be wrong user name entered for registration. User name is case sensitive.

You created user "leave" in scc and looks like tried giving "LEAVE" from application?

20121217T032711.692|4|CheckValCode received UserId LEAVE

20121217T032711.705|3|ValCode check failed, record does not
exist, user = LEAVE, valcode = 123, Connecting Device ID =
3f590a8d60ea6fafa957e7e2bc2c659ca8788d92__com.sap.meps.leaverequest.

20121217T032711.706|3|incoming handled from/to:
httpd://5212280/298 tm://?cid=0&httpheaders=Host%3A%20192.168.1.107%3A5001%0D%0AUser-Agent%3A%20SAP%2520Leave%2520Request/2.4.3%20CFNetwork/548.1.4%20Darwin/11.0.0%0D%0AAccept%3A%20*/*%0D%0AIas-Rs-Cookie%3A%20reset%0D%0AAccept-Language%3A%20ru%0D%0AAccept-Encoding%3A%20gzip%2C%20deflate%0D%0AContent-Type%3A%20application/x-www-form-urlencoded%0D%0AConnection%3A%20keep-alive%0D%0ATransfer-Encoding%3A%20Chunked&httpsession=6940

Please confirm that you are giving same user name as it appears in SCC.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

0 Kudos

also,

The error indicates "user error". You might want to confirm that a template for the named application/securityconfig exists, and the user registration is created with that template.

Try to use AppStore HWC app and test with the same as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

Thank you for your investigation.

Upper/lower case in user name depends of device (Android or iOS). We are using the same User, that appears in SCC.

To avoid problems with it, we started to use numeric username, but the problem still here:

ValCode check failed, record does not exist, user = 12345678, valcode = 123

Using HWC, I'm getting about the same error:

SearchValCode...Workflow app id Not Found.

and

ValCode check failed, record does not exist...

Full log message attached.

Best Regards,

Dmitry.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitriy,

I have a question. Did you manage to register any application with this server? If no, can you please try registering with any alternate server?  After all this I am suspecting some issue with server installation.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith!

We successfully working with MBO apps through HWC. They was registered successfully with default HWC template and application.

We have already reinstalled OS and SUP on our server (when we faced with this issue).

Best regards,

Dmitry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rohith!

We also tried to connect our applications to another server.

The same mistake.

Issue must be in customisations.

Best regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Please open http://localhost:5100/MobileOffice/Admin.asmx on your SUP server and click on getDeviceList and getDeviceList2 and invoke and check your device is present or not.

Also try to gnerate activation code instead of giving it manually.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rohith!

Correct ID of application is "com.sap.meps.leaverequest".

You can find it in "Administrator's Guide SAP Leave Request 2.4", or in logs, that we posted:

ValCode check failed, record does not exist, user = LEAVE, valcode = 123, Connecting Device ID =

3f590a8d60ea6fafa957e7e2bc2c659ca8788d92__com.sap.meps.leaverequest.

Regards,

Dmitriy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

Thank you for your contribution, we found the solution.

Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Could you please post the solution here?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

I've already posted the correct answer. It's marked as "correct".

Dmitry.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitriy,

I am happy that your problem is solved. I think we guessed the issue long back "Dec 12 reply" .

However it was overlooked.

AppID created in SCC should exactly match with whats provided i documentation (Ex: "com.sap.mobile.hcm.leaverequest").

Regards

Rohith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This is Annette from SUP Knowledge Management team. It seems that your experience with the application lifecycle has had some issues. In 2.2 we created a new document to try and bring some clarity to the Registration process. I would love to have you look at this document and provide me any feedback you may have: impressions, suggestions. This is a first draft and we do have other enhancements planned. But direct user input would certainly help. Especially if any terminology isn't clear or different from what you expect.

Here's the link:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01855.0220/doc/html/aba13...

Feel free to post any comments back to this thread and I'll collect them.

Cheers,

Annette