cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSCC code should be created in TO creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to generate SSCC code in picking process from 2 particular storage types.

The generation should be done at that time of TO creation only and the generated SSCC code should be passed on to outbound delivery for printing.

Please let me know the procedure for the same.

Regards,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

1st you may activate pick'n pack in WM to SD interface that allows TO confirmation the creation of HUs in outbound delivery. You can do this in transaction SM30 view V_T340DC, set PIPAS to X.

The docs of these view/fields/customizing object is also useful.

Then you may maintain view V_T319 to control the PickHU creation.

PickHU# will get HU number (=EXIDV <-> SSCC) later in outbound delivery.

You may also use the user-exit defined by this view enabling field V_T319-UEXIT to generate a pick hu# as you like.

Then during process runtime, you can create a TO as usual. Then (as you configured) assign 1...n pick hus to TO by transaction LH01. Then you can confirm TO by any "WM TO confirm" transaction like LT10 or LM* (in RF). During confirmation, the used pick HU (assigned by LH01 before) is automatically generated in outbound delivery as an HU.

Nesting HUs by TO confirmation is not that simple possible by SAP standard.

Regards & good luck 🙂

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

But the functional process will be TO from outbound delivery. But customer requirement is  SSCC code generation in TO creation and passing it on to out bound delivery so that packaging material can be selected from sscc code and pack it.

But to create a sscc code where can we display ?

Business do not have HU management active ..it is not standard..we are customizing.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

SSCC is a term of HU management (because it's a more or less unique identification of a HU, stored in Table VEKP-EXIDV)
(please find customizing topics för HU management like view T313Z)

you don't need active HU management on storage location level for that.

Packing in delivery (or confirming TOs with active pick&pack) also creates HUs bound to outbound delivery.

Thus, the straight forward SAP process is LT03 for your delivery. Assigning PickHUs by LH01 (or automated). These pick HUs contains already the SSCC numbers. If you like to derive the packing material from the SSCC number, you may use the active user exit for pick HU assignment.

At confirmation of these kind of TOs with assigned pick HUs, you have to select at least one pick HU in e.g. LT12 where to put in the confirmed quantity. This will create a packed outbound delivery item afterwards.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your inputs..i have been waiting for these sort of inputs from at least 1 month but unfortunately could not get it.

Please find my questions...

1) Program will be done for SSCC code generation in TO creation. Where can we see the SSCC code in TO then? The storage type is not SU managed.

2) to pass this sscc code to delivery i understand i have to perform LH01 which will pass on sscc code of that TO number. To achieve this what are the pre requisites to be done?

3)  we are maintaining an digit in sscc code and assigning packaging to that digit so user will c the digit and select packing.. how to automate that passing on to delivery?

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

to 1)

it's ok that the FROM storage type is not SU managed, it doesn't matter except if you like to do full case picking. As HU management is on top of WM, you cannot see the SSCC number in TO directly.

Technically, the binding between WM and SD/HU world is done in table LTHU. If you check the primary key, you'll understand better how it's designed. So, at TO creation nothing is done with SSCC creation because it's a seperate step AFTER TO creation.

to 2)

Transactions LH01/LH02 maintains table LTHU for given TO#. The prereqs are named in the 1st reply (the active pick&pack scenario)

to 3)

as I understand your question, end-users should interactively select this digit in SSCC (the assigned packagin material) by dialog? If so, you may have to code this dialog ...
3.1) pull a new SSCC number
3.2) ask user für pckmat

3.3) put the result in the SSCC number at correct place (overwrite existing digit)

3.4) obtain real MATNR out of that user digit

3.5) store result in LTHU

Passing the SSCC to delivery is done by SAP during TO confirmation.

If you like, you can pass a order and we can implement it 😉 *just kidding*

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regarding what u said "You can do this in transaction SM30 view V_T340DC, set PIPAS to X."

I went in to sm30 and entered the given view but did not find any PIPAS field to set it as X.

Can you please help? And if i set it..the sscc code will be passed on to delivery ..with out doing any other settings?

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

PIPAS is the technical field name which you'll get by focusing a field, pressing F1 and then technical info

This technical name is always unique, thus it's good to speak with technical field names to avoid translation misunderstandings.

In English it's "Pick&Pack"

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

You are really helping very much on my development which is close to dead line. I have checked it and its saying the below message.

"This switch controls whether during TO confirmation an assignment of the TO item to a handling unit is possible. The switch is only relevant if the TO item refers to a storage unmit that is not managed for handling units."

My case do not have storage units as source or destination bin..is it still possible to pass on the sscc code..? it is contradicting with the message.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

don't worry about the message, just test it.

Destination storage type (916) like any interface storage type is never SU managed.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your reply.

As of now the program is being done to create sscc code in dest storage unit type field(ltap-nlenr) and there after printing the sscc code from there.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhanu, then please honor the request as answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

My problem is not solved yet.

Mine is not standard HUM.. customizing requirement.

I will brief u abt my requirement here..

a program will maintain number range for sscc code...and the sscc code will be generated when TO gets created and it will pass on to out bound delivery for packing

Source is 972 st type not SU managed..dest is 916 goods issue area.

So when a TO is created for a delivery from stock which is in 972 ..the sscc code should generate and store in TO and pass it to outbound delivery.( I guess it can happen by LH01).

So problem is where we can store the sscc code in LTAP table? and how it will pass on to out bound delivery. when it will pass on to outbound delivery the user will check the 1st digit of the code and will do the required packing as per instructions.

This is the requirement.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

just try the SAP pick&pack process in your ERP system.

The SSCC=HU# could be stored in LTHU-EXIDV after TO creation by transaction LH01.
You can read it from there and show user the 1 digit of SSCC number so user know how to pack this material if you have own transactions for that or you print it on paper.

If you confirm the TO by LT11 (or by LMxx transactions), your able to select the SSCC=HU# there again to pack the picked qty into.

As Jinoy said, you may also automate this manual LH01 step if you use RF transactions for picking e.g. by generating and printing SSCC after selecting a packaging material and before confirming the TO itself.

So the SAP process itself is

1) create a pick&pack TO for outbound delivery

2) assign one or many "pick-HUs" by transaction LH01 to TO (or automate this step in background)
in LH01 you need valid packaging material

3) confirm TO from 1) and chose pick-HU as destination for the confirmed qty
(this is typically not stored in LTAP-NLENR)

4) the pick-HU from 3) gets automatically created as HU in outbound delivery at TO confirmation time

For step 2) and 3) there might be RF transactions (named LM*) which helps to simplify these steps.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your info.

But currently sscc codes are storing in vekp-exidv2 and they want to store the new sscc codes also in the same field.

So requirement is sscc codes should be created in TO and passed on to outbound delivery with out any problems.

When u say create a pick and pack TO ..is it the same TO through lt03?

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

if V_T340DC-PIPAS='X', then any TO with reference to outbound delivery (L_TO_CREATE_DN) e.g. LT03 can be used with LH01.

The code of pick HU creation is in LL03AFF0 FORM pick_hu_erstellen. Here you may generade a good numbered SSCC HU.

Tho code where the LTHU data is copied into delivery HU (here you may influnce VEKP-EXIDV2)

is around LL03AFET FORM hu_fortschreibung_vorbereiten

But for getting a feeling of control flow during this process your have to debug it and see where you can influence what because in WM thre are MANY global objects which are not valid all the time.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I understood your points as follows. Please correct me if i am wrong.

i will set the field pipas to x. first

i will create a TO and the sscc code is generated to vekp-exid2.

So u mean to say that lh01 will pick up the data from vekp-exidv2 and store it rite?

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

PIPAS first to X, then TO with LT03 (in LTAP PIPAS is set the also) (LTAK-BWLVS=601 by default)

then custom ABAP code in "FORM pick_hu_erstellen" or transaction LH01 to fill table LTHU

then custom ABAP code in "FORM hu_fortschreibung_vorbereiten" or nearby to fill VEKP-EXIDV2 with number you generated in LTHU-EXIDV before

then LT11 to confirm TO

then in outbound delivery a HU is generated with VEKP-EXIDV = LTHU-EXIDV and VEKP-EXIDV2 from your custom ABAP code before

So without custom code in TO confirmation, nobody fills VEKP-EXIDV2 because VEKP-EXIDV is SSCC#

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

PIPAS has been set to X. Then TO with LTO3(in LTAP PIPAS is set the also..can u plz explan this).

and we are using movement types 601,984, 986 so you mean to say LTAK- BWLVS we have to make it default through coding?

after making pipas to x ..i am not able to c any number populating LTHU-EXIDV. ?

If any number comes to vekp-exidv2 through custom abap code.

so after this the sscc code will be in lthu-exidv= vekp-exidv2.?

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

I'd creaded a blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/scm-logistics-execution/blog/2012/12/27/wmsd-pick-pack-szenario-for...

containing some screens of example process.

LTAP-PIPAS is set by system itself to allow a pick-HU assignment after TO creation.

You can use any BWLVS you like, it was just an example with 601.

Did you call LH01 transaction after TO creation ?

In LH01 you need a packaging material.

After saving LH01 the table LTHU is filled and you can use LT12 to confirm TO

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

I have gone through your blog.

Everything is fine now..though we are not using lh01

directly sscc code is generating in delivery screen

But for generation we are selecting the delivery and packaging material and clicking the pack button and then sscc code is generating as wanted but it is happening manually. But in business i dont think it will happen manually. There should be automatic packing happening as there will be 1000, s of sscc codes every day and automatic packing should happen and sscc code should generate.

Can you please let us know how we can adapt it through any program or customization ..so that we do not need to manually click pack button for sscc generation.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu,

SAP defines how the process looks like and how to change it with customizing. You decide what you want to use. If the offered functions are not sufficient, you always can code something or use existing things in another way as they where defined for. But sooner or later you ALWAYS get in trouble with that because the integration of your local "own" solution in the global big picture mismatches often.

Why should a real outbound delivery (physical goods shipped to customers) be packed "automatically" after they are processed in real world ?

The packed items should match the reality, should'n they?

So how should the magic of packing happen?

All items get one SSCC? Each item gets one SSCC? Each item with less than 100PCE gets one SSCC? But which type of packaging was used in real world by the warehouse people?

How should the magic packing code know this ?

The idea of shown process is that warehouse people can add additional information (during picking) in the point in time where they have them together with the real world and can use it later (during  packing) automatically. But the missing information has to be provided.

As Jinoy said, a "custom transaction" can solve everything 100% as you need.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I have gone through your blog post and it gave some light in to it.

I am posting few concerns comparing my requirement.

My Requirement: SSCC codes should be created in TO creation itself and should be passed on to outbound delivery(packing) during TO confirmation. SSCC codes are printed on some labels so SSCC codes should be stored in some Z table because in TO we cannot store sscc codes.

We managed to store the sscc codes generation by giving the proper digit in reference to the unit of issue type in delivery and in reference to storage unit type in TO.

For example if a line item have 10 units we have to generate 10 sscc codes ..like that... and we managed to achieve this to store in z table all the sscc codes , TO num, delivery num.

My concern is how to get the sscc codes from z table to LH01.

As per you if we give packing material number and execute it will give the sscc code right?

But for my case how can i accommodate multiple sscc codes generated for that TO,  some times packing materials associated with sscc codes are also different.

we have to give packing material num on packing material field and it gives sscc codes?

Can we get those sscc codes from z table to populate in here?

If there are 30 sscc codes for that delivery.. do we have to give packing material num in each case generate sscc code?

Please suggest in this regard.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I have gone through your blog post and it gave some light in to it.

I am posting few concerns comparing my requirement.

My Requirement: SSCC codes should be created in TO creation itself and should be passed on to outbound delivery(packing) during TO confirmation. SSCC codes are printed on some labels so SSCC codes should be stored in some Z table because in TO we cannot store sscc codes.

We managed to store the sscc codes generation by giving the proper digit in reference to the unit of issue type in delivery and in reference to storage unit type in TO.

For example if a line item have 10 units we have to generate 10 sscc codes ..like that... and we managed to achieve this to store in z table all the sscc codes , TO num, delivery num.

My concern is how to get the sscc codes from z table to LH01.

As per you if we give packing material number and execute it will give the sscc code right?

But for my case how can i accommodate multiple sscc codes generated for that TO,  some times packing materials associated with sscc codes are also different.

we have to give packing material num on packing material field and it gives sscc codes?

Can we get those sscc codes from z table to populate in here?

If there are 30 sscc codes for that delivery.. do we have to give packing material num in each case generate sscc code?

Please suggest in this regard.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

if your Z table already contains the valid SSCC codes for TO, then you can copy these values in table LTHU with key

LGNUM

TANUM

EXIDV

quite simple e.g. at the same coding point where you fill your Z table.

You have to check how LH01 fills LTHU table and then you can fill it accordingly. I think, you need one row per SSCC (also with matching pack. material) in LTHU as this is the primary key.

Please understand that a forum is only to provide ideas & fundamental knowledge, not a final implementation of a requirement. If you need that, we'll need some purchase order 😉

Please do not hesitate to honour useful answers 😉

Best regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

if your Z table already contains the valid SSCC codes for TO, then you can copy these values in table LTHU with key

LGNUM

TANUM

EXIDV

quite simple e.g. at the same coding point where you fill your Z table.

You have to check how LH01 fills LTHU table and then you can fill it accordingly. I think, you need one row per SSCC (also with matching pack. material) in LTHU as this is the primary key.

Please understand that a forum is only to provide ideas & fundamental knowledge, not a final implementation of a requirement. If you need that, we'll need some purchase order 😉

Please do not hesitate to honour useful answers 😉

Best regards,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu ,

we managed to achieved same by using  output for HU which get printed when a packaging material is chosen in the RF gun while picking ,  it was custom transaction in  RF .

Thanks

Jinoy