cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing stops after 25-35% of messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using PI 7.31, AEX installation. I place 10000+ message at once in the queue, which need to be processed using a JDBC adapter. Between 25 to 35% of the messages gets processed OK, but then the processing just stops.

When I select the remaining messages and press 'resend', all messages will be processed OK. However, I would like (and expect) all messages to be processed OK without human interaction. The backend system is an SQL 2008 database and I'm using the official MS JDBC driver.

Any ideas on how to solve this? I already tried increasing the concurrency, altering number of retries and disconnect from DB after each message. None of these showed any change.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo,

did you check the timeout settings?

see right now in scn discussions frontpage:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3278307

cheers,

Edu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I tried the setting, but after processing 25% of the messages the processing stopped again.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the number of threads/queues available to the JDBC connections. The default is 5. Most likely you will need to increase this (double to 10 and test again). You can monitor the queues by following the steps in note #1662269 How to Monitor the PI Adapter Framework queues.

See the blog: Messaging System queue properties after XI 3.0 SP19 / XI 7.0SP11, for details how to increase the number of queues.

Regarding the Concurrency error, check note #831162 FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 JDBC Adapter -> 28.  Effect of setting Maximum Concurrency and poolWaitingTime.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set the poolWaitingTime to 60000 and tested again. One good run and one run with the mentioned issue. I will increase the poolWaitingTime and test again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the timeout settings, and icreasing it to 60000 msecs, I now have an error message:

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Channel has reached maximum concurrency (5,000 concurrent messages) and no free resource found within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the maximum concurrency level

Which seems strange, since I configured a concurrency of 1. I will test again with a higher concurrency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

10 000 messages, it's a huge flow !

Do you have an idea of size in byte ? Maybe PI data base is full, and your file system need can't extends enough quickly.... And process stop.

What is the error message when process stop ?

Regads,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guislain, a single message is about 400 bytes in size (XML). So the size of the messages should not be the bottleneck, beacause a resend processed the remaining 75% of the messages without any issues.

There is no error message whatsoever: the processing simply stops.

Message was edited by: Iddo Rijsdijk