cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit a SAPScript_form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is probably a very trivial question: I have generated my own custom-made SAPScript form and now I have realized that the information I have defined for one of the windows is just too much, it doesn't fit there. So I would like to make that window bigger - I might have to slightly change the position of the other windows so they don't overlap.

However, I haven't yet found a way to edit the windows (or page-windows). In the main menu, I have the possibility to generate a new item, but I don't want a new one, I already have a window.

Is there a certain order perhaps in which I have to do the necessary changes?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sapperdapper

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

There are 2 options to change window size.

1> Go in SE71, enter form name-> press change. Click on Page window and then select double click in window which you want to increase . Lower bottom you will get a specification of that window and you will change it.

2> Go in SE71, enter form name-> press change. Choose Setting from Menu option -> Tick checkbox for Graphical form painter. It will open up your layout and you can increase your window size.

PFA the screenshots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

I have already found the second option with the graphical form painter - I'm currently struggling with the German and English version of the form. The window sizes should be the same obviously. Do they change synchronously? I'm not quite sure of it yet. The first way you propose, however, looks much simpler.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sapperdapper

P.S.: Oh no - all the information I had neatly aligned in the form yesterday is GONE! The header_line still prints, with the invoice_number and invoice_date, that's all. All the rest is gone. Holy moly. Nightmare before Christmas 😉

P.P.S.: Ah, thank god, it's not - strange, I just logged off (I was logged on with English) and logged on again in German and everything is back again. I don't quite understand - the function OPEN FORM uses the language - maybe I did some edits in the text_elements yesterday in the German version that I didn't do in the English one? Meditate over this I will 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

I have one or two more questions on how to use SAPScript_forms if you don't mind. I haven't yet found a good explanation of that in the manual - true, I haven't yet read those 263 pages... What I have is good enough for today and tomorrow, but then I'd like to make my form look somewhat more complete, with some more info.

Having to deal with these fine nuances of using the forms is somewhat annoying since it doesn't advance my actual task by an inch, but nevertheless necessary.

I have realized by now that I can edit the window sizes and so on only in the original, that is, the English version. The text elements don't adapt, so I have to copy them line by line, that's a bit annoying, but okay. The biggest problem I have is this: How to get the Tabstops - I know I can edit those as part of a paragraph_format - right so that when I want to select a different record for the form and the text in one of the field gets longer, the field adapts and the other ones "move over"?

I have tried setting a tabstop at 15, 30, 45 and using it the same way in the header_line and the item_lines (one TAB (represented by >>,, <<) between every two items), but still it appears askew when I do that...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sapperdapper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

This tabs position is more of hit n trial base but i use to set tab position in MM(mili meter) under  paragraph format. For me is easy to adjust in MM, might b you are comfortable with some other option.

For Header and Item level, you might need to create two different tabs.

Below link might helps you with this and feel free to revert for any further issue.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d2/cb3d07455611d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Step by step SAPSCRIPT example,

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/SAPScripts/Total/Print.htm

regards,

Deepti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Thank you very much for that invitation to revert with further issues.

Unfortunately I already have to make use of that.

I assume you know your way around the SAPScript_forms quite well and you know some, if not all, of the standard SAPScript_forms. You know, then, that there are 358 different PrintPrograms associated with all of those.

Now, what I do currently - what my program can currently do - is no more or less than parse the layout of a SAPScript_form (downloaded as a txt file). I have one SAPScript_form which I have made myself and which uses only data that can be found in the transparent tables - no structures, although two of the four internal tables I use comprise data from two (each) transparent tables, which is kind of what a structure does.

What I need to do in the medium run is enhance my code to get elements which might also be in the PrintProgram, no doubt about that. The PrintProgramd don't look the same which does not make it easier.

I also know that the data for the form is, at the end, not taken from the table, but from the workarea of an internal table, so that doesn't necessarily have to be named the same as the transparent table, though it would make sense to keep it that way.

What I need to do in the very short run, however - till next Thursday if it can be done - is find one - just one - standard SAPScript_form that is like mine, using only data that can be found in transparent tables and naming those in the layout so I can find out about tables and fields used by parsing that.

I haven't yet looked at every one of those 358 forms and, to be honest, spending so much time finding a form to match my current code looks like a lot of unnecessary work to me. I'd rather use the time to work the my code itself, but I won't be able to get it wo work on any given form in the timeframe given.

Can you help me there, please? I will attach both the downloaded layout of my custom-made form and my PrintProgram so that you can see what I currently have.

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,

Sapperdapper

P.S.: I just realize this can be read in two ways - I'm not asking you to help me with my code for now, but merely to help me find a SAPScript_form that matches my code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

Its bit difficult to search standard layout which is similar to code but one thing i dont understand that you are developing your own layout and print program then why there is a need to find similar layout as per your coding.

Let me know if i misunderstood your requirement.

regards,

Deepti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

no, I posted the wrong piece of code. It is true, I created both the form and the PrintProgram myself - but merely as a PoC, a proof that it is feasible, using my code - which I meant to post, but didn't by mistake - to get at the data. The PrintProgram I posted is mine, but not the actual program. The requirement is not very clear to me, either - I am building a very generic code by parsing the layout - one that will work on every SAPScript_form. However, a requirement is that this generic approach also get at 100% of the data used by any one given form - two opposed requirements as I understand it.

Right now, I don't have the time to enhance my code such as I'm planning to do in the medium run, so I have to try the other way round and find a form that fits what I currently have.

The program I currently have is quite "simple" actually: I download the layout of a form as a txt, parse it for the names of transparent tables and since I'm using OpenSQL, the data from those transparent tables is what I can get myself. Right now, I can get nothing more.

I'm currently looking at the Fly&Smile example - form S_EXAMPLE_1. That actually looks nice and clearly structured, the PrintProgram also, I can quite understand what it does without much further ado. The sums on that form might prove "difficult" - I might have to calculate those in my program, I guess I can add that, though not generic - but apart from that, everything seems to be in those tables.

Maybe that makes the situation clearer - it is not so clear to myself. For now, I have to find a form where all the data used is in transparent tables named in the layout.

Best regards,

Sapperdapper

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, okay, I can do it simply by activating the graphical form painter and dragging the windows like I want. That will do for the moment.

Best regards,

Sapperdapper