cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed value condition - Update header fixed value condition when creating invoice from delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a fixed value condition ZXXX to bill customers fixed freight for each sales order created.

In our system, we can create multiple deliveries and invoices for a sales order. But we want to bill the customer total freight value on the first invoice created for the sales order.Also in our system we have the ability to combine multiple sales orders into single invoice depending on the delivery date.

How do we handle this scenario without creating enhancement implementations?....

I mean can we handle this scenario using VOFM routines.. If yes, please provide me the details.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is to charge  freight for the first invoice from a sales order(incase of partial deliveries and billing).You can manually enter the condition type for the first invoice at the time of Invoice creation.

Please try to elaborate the issue little more if this is not your requirement..so that it will be easy for me to under stand

Raneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raneesh,

Thanks for the reply

Yes we want to charge total freight on the first invoice from a sales order (in case of partial deliveries and billing)

My question is how do we achieve this using VOFM routines?....

I have tried to change the values in condition formula calculation rule (Cal Type) and condition formula for basis (Bas Type)... But the value in the condition type is not updated in the invoice.

I guess this is due to the fact that our condition record is of type 'Fixed Value'.

Is there any way by which we can change the condition value when creating invoice from sales order or delivery in case of 'Fixed Value' condition ?....

Regards,

Remo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to get first invoice number from VBFA table predecessor should be order number and Follo on doc should be Invoice no.Capture the first invoice number by using subs It field M or any other filed.Write requirement against freight condition.If the Freight vale is constant then try to hard code the same value or try to read it from a Z Table.

Write a coding like for the first invoice number the desired condition value need to be calculated by specifying billing type or some unique parameters

If the above logic is not working we may need to use one user exit in invoice level which is more or less same as writing a routine

Raneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raneesh,

I am clear about the logic how to implement it.

But my question is how to configure the Condition type ZXXX so that I can update the condition value while creating the invoice?...

Issue with writing a user exit and enhancement is that I have to hard code the condition type 'ZXXX' while implementing the logic and I want to avoid that.

Also there could be issues when we implement new freight conditions..

Remo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know if any one has implemented similar requirement using VOFM routines..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are exactly correct.user Exits will be always having some issues.