cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with new integrated WM/Kanban process

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

We are setting up a new process in our warehouse. A tugger train operator will do his milk run. When he gets to each work cell (production line aka Kanban supply area), he will set SAP Kanban to empty as necessary. This triggers the internal replenishment TO with the source pick storage type being the supermarket (not SU managed, a requirement for Kanban replenishment). While the tugger train operator is continuing the milk run, the supermarket operator will perform the picks and start loading the next tugger train. At the moment we are not considering using any physical Kanban containers.

A primary goal is to measure the performance of the two operators, and there is an equally important goal to direct the material to the correct supply area. I was thinking that the supermarket operator will perform the TO confirmation for each item; as for the tugger train operator, when he delivers the material to the supply area he will set the Kanban to Full. I should have enough data...TO start...TO confirm...Kanban Full...to write the ABAP performance/KPI report.

My challenge is with adding a destination label to the material on tugger train. I know I can print a TO form or Kanban card, but this would happen during TO creation (Kanban empty signal). However, I plan to either introduce some custom interleaving logic, or more simply, have the supermarket operator do a sort on the LT22 screen so that he confirms the TOs in a sequence optimal to his physical movement picking items left to right. So with this new TO confirmation sequence, how can I optimally print all the TO labels in the same sequence (or one label at a time upon confirmation)?

I'm leaning towards a custom enhancement to print program so that the TO form will get spit out upon TO confirmation...little Zebra printer, so that the supermarket operator can attach to the material immediately.

Thanks, Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vlad,

Transaction SMOD, Exit MWMTO002 is a good place for triggering the TO label printing at TO confirmation time. As possible in transaction LT31, you may print TO releated paper at any time (TO is open or (partially)confirmed). So you may use the printing program itself without enhancements regarding the printing timepoint.

For your KPI/statistics request you may consider TO 2 step confirmation. You can confirm a TO twice. 1st at source, 2nd at destination. Thus you have 2 (user+)timestamps in table LTAP now.

You may enable 2step confirmation in View V_T340DQ1 by setting FGVNQ to "X".

Hope this gives you some new ideas where to continue ...

Regards,

Matthias

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthias. The user exit will be the way to go.

The two step confirmation was considered, but I'd rather limit the mobile transactions the tugger train operator has to perform. In my design, they will just be setting Kanban status, and no need to also do TO confirmation.

Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great that I could help you Vlad,

please confirm than, that your initial request is answered.

Thanks & good luck,

Matthias

Answers (0)