Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFC custom data in ME6.0

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, ME 6.0 has changed the behavior how to store the SFC level custom data. In ME 5.x, all the SFC custom data are stored into custom_fields table, and in ME 6.0, the standard has been changed to SFC_Data table via setup the SFC data field related activities. However, our development team still found a supported API to store the SFC custom data into custom_fields table, but we are not sure how impact could be if we follow this way, here are our confusions in regards to the SFC custom data:

1. When we are running the archiving background job, which SFC custom data table will be archived? The old table custom_fields table or the new table SFC_Data table? or both?

2. When we are running the SFC SiteToSite transfer, which SFC custom data table will be transferred? The old table custom_fields table or the new table SFC_Data table? or both?

3. When we are configure the Document activity to setup the SFC level varables for label printing, which SFC custom data table can be default as the variables? The old table custom_fields or the new table SFC_Data table? I don't think it supports both.

Best regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the SFC custom data fields have been moved to SFC_DATA in 6.0.  The original SFC custom data mechanism in 5.x depended on the generic custom data feature in ME.  That generic custom data feature still exists, but you should not store SFC custom fields there.

In general, all core ME use of SFC custom data fields should use the new SFC_DATA table.

Answers below:

1. The data in new table SFC_DATA will be archived.  Any SFC fields in custom_fields will not be archived.

2. I am not sure about Site2Site.  It should just operate on SFC_DATA, but I am not certain.

3. Document printing should work with just the new SFC_DATA table.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mike, I have already addressed the Q 2 to another SAP guys directly and waiting for the response, the answers for Q1 and Q3 are really helpful for me.

Best regards,

Leon

Answers (0)