cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get rolling history r/3 to BW and BW to apo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru's,

my question is on my knowledge if we use SNP we get data from ECC through integration model.

but how to get sales rolling history will move to BW and how we get that history bring to APO - DP.

thanks & regards

Bhavani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is done through whats called tRFC integration between BW and ECC (t-code RSA1- Define source system) and then replicate the ready data sources in ECC (t-code SBIW where you can also create your own data sources) to BW. You replicate the data from within the source system (right click > replicte data sources). This integration between ECC and BW IS always unidiretional.. e.g. all data moves from ECC to BW and nothing ever from BW to ECC (unlike in CIF which is bi-directional for transactional data)

You then "transfer" and "map" this data that you procured/extracted from ECC to Infosources in BW and from these infosources you schedule and update the data to a data target like Infocube (usually transactional data) or an Infoobject (usuallly master data). You need to create these infosources, infoobjects and infocubes before hand with a clear set of objectives and purpose in mind.

From these data targets you then "schedule" the data load to a virtual data target (if you are not using DP's BW) using an Infopackage and from these data targets you copy the data to APO DP. You would first need to configure DP to be able to copy the data from these infocubes.

Look for help.sap.com or google for a sample document for data extraction from ECC to BW.

I hope this gives you some visibility and motivation to get started. If not feel free to get back

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru,

i got some clarity could you please tell me step by step process

thanks & regards

Bhavani