cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.2 Query Empty Field (whitespace) issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently in the process of upgrading our MII servers from 12.0 to 12.2 and we are experiencing some issues regarding pulling back data from sql columns that have blank values.

The data type on the columns we are selecting from are character 10 data types.

In MII 12.0 when I alert on the query result for this blank column I get a blank result. Meaning i am alerting as alert("'" + document.appletname.getValueByName("STO",loopval) + "'") and the result is ''.

However in MII 12.2 when I alert on this same value, it returns an alert of '          '.(IE it returns 10 spaces instead on 0).

Both our MII 12.0 and 12.2 servers are running Microsoft sql server 2008 SP2. The 12.2 server was using sqljdbc4.jar as its jdbc driver. We replaced this with the old driver from 12.0 sqljdbc.jar but that didn't seem to change anything. The java version on our 12.2 server is 1.6.0_34.

We have built an extensive amount of applications with BLS transactions having conditions that say if Transaction.INPUTPARAM = '', so we would like to know if there is some setting we are missing that would cause this change. We would like to avoid having to modify a large number of sql queries.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming you are running the latest service pack/patch for 12.2, it would be wise to include the sample context you shared in a customer support ticket so development can further investigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy. I have created SAP customer service ticket number 0001155715 2012 to see if we can get this issue resolved.