cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor master alternative data replication to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to replicate alternative data from vendor master to SRM.

I am trying to implemented the BADI BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF but i don't know how to add the needed code in order to accomplish this request.

Is there any code samples that can help me?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Hazem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can run the program :BBP_VENDOR_SYNC as a job ,the alternative vendpor date will be replicated.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What's the difference between BBP_VENDOR_SYNC and BBPGETVD in term of data replication?

Thanks,

Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the program "BBPGETVD"is the initial download ,and the BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is using delta download .

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem,

how are you ?

BBPGETVD transation is only for initial download (vendor creation in SRM) whereas BBP_VENDOR_SYNC report can be used for vendor creation and also for vendor update.

BAdI you mentioned can be called twice by previous process:

- in BBP_VENDOR_GET_UPDATE function module

- in BBP_VENDOR_GET_NON_BAPI function module.

Check BAdI call.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So if i well understood what you said, BBPGETVD will not copy alternative data but BBP_VENDOR_SYNC will do, right?

Thanks,

Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

Nice to meet you on the forum!

In fact i don't know if i can really use this BADI to copy vendor alternative data. I checked the code in the FM BBP_VENDOR_GET_NON_BAPI which is used to get vendor master data and the BADI is used only to get customer fields and since there are no customer fields in my case, the badi is not called.

How to copy alternative data in this case?

Thanks,

Hazem.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem,

first, find from which R/3 table alternative data come from.

If table is not one of those called by META_VENDOR_GET_DATA SRM function module, then it means it is not possible in standard (even with BAdI) to get those data replicated to SRM.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

In fact after checking the tables in FM META_VENDOR_GET_DATA, i noticed that the table LFM2 which contain the alternative data is not used.

And the BADI is used only to transfer customer fields.

In this case maybe i have to ask SAP directly for a solution.

What do you think?

Thanks,

HAzem.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem,

you can raise an OSS message. But i do not think SAP will provide an evolution based on your request...

You will need to create your own report for replication data. But you will have also to map those R/3 fields into SRM customer fields. Indedd, i do not think they exist in SRM.

Good luke !

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dream_woo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hazem,

You can use t-code: BBPGETVD to copy the vendor master data from R/3 to SRM.

and the t-code:BBPUPDVD to update the vendor master data which is modified in R/3 to SRM.

the badi : BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF is used only when you want to copy the customize fields of the vendor master data. if your system has no customize fields in vendor master data which alwasy begin with 'Z' or 'Y', you need not to implement the badi:BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Dream Woo, i have to copy alternative data from vendor master from R/3 to SRM which is not done in standard. As you said, it seems that badi BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF is used to copy only customer fields when i tested the implementation.

Any help?

Thanks a lot,

Hazem.

dream_woo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hazem,

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't know what is alternative data you said. Does it begin with 'Z' or 'Y' in table LFA1 of R/3?

The t-cd bbpgetvd and bbpupdvd will copy lfa1's data from r/3 to but000 in srm. But it will only copy the standard fields in LFA1.

If your system has been extended, there will be some customized field begin with 'z' or 'y' in table LFA1. And if you want copy those fields to srm, you should implement the badi BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF.

If you mean you want to copy some data not in LFA1 to srm system, I cannot help you....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any help please...

Thanks,

Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need some help..

Thanks,

Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try BD14 to send the vendor master data manually

thanks,

kiran

*plz award some points if u find the reply helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

BD14 is used at backend side, the user has to do the replication from SRM. Anyway, i'll check if this solution can used but could you please let me know if using this t-code, the alternative data will be copied?

Thanks a lot,

Hazem.