Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW BPM 7.31 functionality on PI 7.31 dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are in process of upgrading PI 7.11 system to PI 7.31 dual stack

Our customer needs to use NW BPM functionality on PI 7.31 dual stack system.

My query is can we use PI 7.31usage type with NW BPM 7.31 usage type in NW 7.31 system.?

Note: Customer knows that ccBPM is already present with PI dual stack

they need all the NW BPM components to be installed on PI system.

Also we have a CE 7.2 system in our landscape, hence need to know if customer can use  BPM functionality of CE 7.2 and PI 7.31 together.

Please assist asap...

Regards,

Anuradha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With a PO license, which includes PI, BPM and BRM, you can installed all 3 in your environment, whether it is within a single SID or on multiple servers.  A PI license by itself does not include BPM.  If this is the case, then you will have to convert the PI license to PO license.

If you install PI as dual-stack, then BPM will have to be installed on a separate server.  Only java-only PI allows you to install BPM on the same SID as PI.  Functionally, they are the same.

Regards,

William Li

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anuradha,

Please check recent blog from William : http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2012/12/07/upgrade-options-to-the-latest-pro...

It'll answer your most of your questions.

Regards,

Yashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.

We need to confirm if NW BPM 7.31 can be installed as a part of PI 7.31 upgrade project where source system is PI 7.11 dual stack and target system will be PI 7.31 dual stack.

I understand that PO is one of the option to use PI + BPM together on single stack, however, I need to know whether NW BPM is possible with PI 7.31 single stack.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

typo in above message, rectified statement is s follows

"

however, I need to know whether NW BPM 7.31 installation is possible with PI 7.31 dual  stack upgrade"

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot install as it is supported only on the java only installation and not the dual stack.

But you can indeed install NW BPM as separate and use it for your BPM needs.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anuradha,

Just quoted from Michal's answer to the below blog:

"It has been said many time that Process Orchestration (PO), which bundles PI, BPM and BRM functionality together, can be installed as a single SID.  This is true only for the java-only installation of AEX.  With a dual-stack PI installation, BPM/BRM will still have to be installed on a separate JEE server"

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3212718

Also the check the blog of William: http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2012/05/31/download-and-installation-of-proc...

On your last part: Direct Upgrades are available from SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1, SAP EHP1 for NetWeaver CE 7.1, SAP NetWeaver CE 7.2, and SAP NetWeaver 7.3 (CE and AEX based Usage Types) to SAP EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge i dont think it is possible, when you chose dual stack it doesnt come with NW BPM,but you can buy new licence for  NW BPM .

my choice would be Single stack+NW BPM instaltion model.

better to contact SAP.