Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

View Xcelsius Reports on Ipad

We created some reports for our clients with dashboard created in Xcelsius as dynamic tables embedded in PDF file. The data used to create the tables are only stored in excel, not on any servers. But as you all know PDF with dynamic tables (flash object) are not supported in mobile devices. It is becoming more and more an issue as many clients are using iPads and iPhones.

My boss asked me to find a solution so the clients can view dashboard on their mobile devices (ipads, iphones, android phones). I downloaded the SAP business object mobile but it ask me to set up a connection. My clients only need view the dashboard on their device, they do not need to connect to any server or set up any connections, they basically just need a "report viewer" Is there something like that?

Also, the ideal solution is still to send the report to client as a pdf file, but with dynamic tables and graphics in the report. This can be achieved with no problem on desktops, but is there a way to create a report like this and can allow people to view it on i-devices? It does not have to be a pdf, it can be a flash file, but flash is not supported on ios...It can also be a Web page with dynamic reports, my understanding is the HTML 5 can resolve this problem, is it already available now???

Thanks!

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question