cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class 300 or Configuration Profile Specific Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I have the same code Configurable Material - 4000022 - registered in two different production plants (1104 and 1105). In the plant 1104 there is a specific Class Type 300 and 1105 plant, there is also a specific Class Type 300. Consequently, each class has different Characteristics. First problem: Class type 300 isn't specific determined by Plant Production.

I created two profiles setup (one for the Class of plant 1104 and another Classo of plant 1105). Second problem: the configuration profile does not separate the classes 300 per plant. He only prioritizes the sequence of profiles.

By simulating the CU50 I put the material 4000022, choose the Plant Production and configuration profile which will simulate. Third and last problem: it brings the features of the two Class 300.

Question: How do I, a single configurable code, registered in several plants, the Class 300 has specific plant or whether it is possible to determine the configuration profile that is specific to certain class of a Plant Production and other configuration profile is specific plant another productive. The result desired by that is: when calling the CU50, Plant Production and choose the profile, he bring the specific characteristics of that class, associated with that profile.

I hope I was clear, despite my bad English.

Who can help me, in advance, I thank you.

Luciano Nóbrega

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luciano Nobrega,

for every material , Basic Data 1 , Basic Data 2 and classification are client level views.

so once you maintain any data for this view its valid for all plant , and as classes and characterstic's are also client level data , you cant distingvish between them at plant level.

as at the time of attaching class to material we dont have option to speficy plant , you cant put this restriction.

so my suggestion is , either use different material number for this 2 plants or  if you use same material number then use only one class , which will have common characterstic valid for both the plants as well as distinguishing characterstics.

create a referance characterstic , refering to sales order plant ( Table VBAP field WERKS), attach it to the class.

so once you start creating sales order for material , the value for plant will be autiomaticaly copied into this characterstic.

write a dependency constraint or precondition to hide the non relevant characterstic or there values.

go through it , if you want i can help you to write syntex for this dependencies.

check and revert back.

also , please mark helpfull thread's if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking in something same and tried to create a Procedure for this. Only I was assigned the Configuration Profile.

I got the same DO, made ​​some modifications, applied in Class and it worked.

Thanks for the tip.

Big hug.

Luciano Nobrega

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luciano,

As confirmed by Akshat, the Class is at the Client Level and it might not be possible to have different classes assigned for different Plants. This could be the reason why you are not seeing Plant Specific Characteristics to choose.

Also as far as i know, it might not be possible to control this through Configuration Profile.

One method of choosing the Characteristics based on plants would be to include a Dummy Characteristic "Production Plant" and have all the Possible Options (Ex: 1104,1105 etc.,). Then in the Procedures you can write the logic in such a way that If Plant = 1104, then Choose a Particular Characteristic "1" and if the Plant = 1105, then choose another characteristic "2".

However the challenge here is that the Sales people/Dealers might not exactly understand as they would only be aware of the ACTUAL CUSTOMER FEATURES (Ex: Colour - Black/Grey/White). Maybe some person who has knowledge about this could choose this characteristic.

Thanks and Regards

Ram

SAP PP/QM Consultant

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Luciano,

I do not understand what is the relation between class and plant. As far as I know, classes are independent of plant. If the same class is assigned to a material which in turn is assigned to different plants, the characteristics inherited by the material will be same.

Regards,

KA