cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Strategy - Distinguish between printing and emailing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are testing a recently developed Z type communication strategy that will email an invoice to a customer if an email is maintained and if an email is not maintained the invoice will print.

This is working fine so far but I can't find a way of distinguishing between an invoice that has been emailed or an invoice which has printed. If I look in VF02 - Header - Output both an emailed invoice and a printed invoice both have Medium 5 Extenal Send. I can't find anything to distinguish them in any internal table either.

I really like this functionality but for auditors and the like we need to find a way to distinguish between a email output and a printed output.

Has anyone any ideas?

Kind regards,

Elaine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

did they try SOST and SP01 ?

regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the invoice is printed a spool request number is Generated which we can find in invoice---header ---output---processing log.if the invoice is E-mailed the same can be checked in SCOT.

morever as per your Explanation the invoice can be either E-mailed to customer or Printed.

may be if the E-mail address maintained in Customer master it will send the mail or Else printed.

Sivavasireddy