cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPDynpage development...

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to JSPDynpages.

I have to build a JSPDynpage application which connects to ECC using JCo.

Here are my questions:-

What are the software requirements on my machine?

My list is:-

NWDS

J2EE server

SAP GUI

Please correct...

2.What are the acesses that I will be needing?

My list is as follows:

NWDI access - what is the level of access that I will need?

SAP backend (ECC) access - which roles do I need?

J2EE license

Portal access - Content admin, System admin, User admin – If possible super user role for the Dev Portal.

Portal details needed are - Alias, Host, Port, Login, Password, Description

Please correct...

3.While installing NWDS, do I need to install some plugin,etc.?

Do I need to add any specific libraries?

4.Is there any difference between development of JSPDynpages in different versions of NWDS and Enterprise portal?

Our client has implemented EhP 6 on ECC 6.0 and EhP 1 on Netweaver 7.3, Portal 7.3

5.Which version of NWDS and J2EE server and SP GUI do I need to install on my local machine?

Please help me with this...

Thanks in advance,

Agasthi...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthi,

The questions you posted are quite basic and it takes time to explain on SDN. I would suggest you to refer to JA100 and JA300 PDFs for details on these topics. I will however try to answer few of your questions.

What are the software requirements on my machine?

My list is:-

NWDS

J2EE server

SAP GUI

Please correct...

Please refer to the documents I mentioned

2.What are the acesses that I will be needing?

My list is as follows:

NWDI access - what is the level of access that I will need?

SAP backend (ECC) access - which roles do I need?

J2EE license

Portal access - Content admin, System admin, User admin – If possible super user role for the Dev Portal.

Portal details needed are - Alias, Host, Port, Login, Password, Description

Please correct...

Please refer to the documents I mentioned

3.While installing NWDS, do I need to install some plugin,etc.?

Do I need to add any specific libraries?

Ans: By default NWDS will allow you to build JSPDynpages. But depending on your usage, you might have to include few additional jar files. Thats again you will know only if you start developing applications.

4.Is there any difference between development of JSPDynpages in different versions of NWDS and Enterprise portal?

Ans: JSPDynpages are custom portal applications normally developed to show custom messages or custom designs. So, it would have to be developed as per your current portal version.

Our client has implemented EhP 6 on ECC 6.0 and EhP 1 on Netweaver 7.3, Portal 7.3

5.Which version of NWDS and J2EE server and SP GUI do I need to install on my local machine?

Ans: This should match with your portal version.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Search SDN for accurate answers.

For 1>> I think you might be able to. At design time, use the Developer Studio tools to define the class path to the API JARs. To make the API available at runtime, you need to package the JARs in the application archive (EAR) file that is later deployed on the application server.

For 2>> You can find the code as per you requirement in the SDN / Internet itself.

... -.-.

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my last post the link "For JSPDynpage" contains the section for deploying such applications:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/49/db96bf5dba551de10000000a42189c/content.htm

The following links should give a fair idea:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/de/49/db96bf5dba551de10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2011/06/26/getting-started-with-netweaver-73-port...

In Enterprise Portal perspective, there is a button as highlighted in below shot. Please select the correct SAP AS Java in NWDS beforehand : Windows -> Preferences -> SAP AS Java

Hope it helps.

... -.-.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply...

Now, this is what I understand.

I need to configure a remote server for the Portal J2EE server from NWDS.

I can test the application only by logging into the portal and previwing the content.

I cannot deploy to my local J2EE server and test like I can do with J2EE applications.

Is this understanding correct?...

I have one more question.

I need to connect to ECC backend from my JSPDynpage.

Is JCo the best way?

If so, do you have any sample code?

We are using Netweaver Portal 7.3

Thanks,

Agasthi...

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

moved to SAP NetWeaver Application Server by moderator

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your replies.

When I develop a JSPDynpage in 7.3, I get a EAR file and not a PAR file.

How do I deploy and test it?

Could someone explain to to deploy the JSPDynpage ear file?

Thanks,

Agasthi...