cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting document from general documentation tab in implementation project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We tried to delete a document from gen. documentation tab in an implementation project, since the gen. documenation tab is greyed out, we couldn't do so. The document is a link from a template project, we tried to delete it (by using the trash can icon) from there first, but the system says "the document is still in use".

Does anyone of you know how to delete a document which has been linked to implementation projects based on a template project?

Regards, Li

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Li,

First you have to remove the link into the implemtation project. To do so, you need to go in each implemenation projects where the document is used.

Then to mark the line and press the removing button (push button with the red minus icon - should be the 2nd one).

Once all the links are been removed, then you can go to the Template project where the document is located, and use the trash can button.

Best regards,

Thierry

Message was edited by:

Thierry Lieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thierry,

Thanks for your answer. We thought of doing the same, but the problem is, as I said, the document in the implementation projects is on the general documentation tab (being greyed out), we can't get it deleted. The document is an automatic link from a template when the implementation project was created, that's why it is on the general documentation tab.

Do you have more suggestions how could I possibly do?

Thanks and regards,

Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

Here's a solution you can try for your problem.

Go to your template project in SOLAR01and mark the line of the document you want to delete and press the remove button (red minus icon).

Then go to your implementation project and go to the same place where that linked document is. Click on the <b>Adjust to Original</b> icon (looks like two little boxes with two arrows pointing down.) when you click on this icon, you will get a pop-up window where on the left hand side is your template (original) and the right your implementation (current). On the left, you will see a blank line with the red minus icon and on the left you will see the document you are trying to remove. select that line and click on "Adjust selected entries" icon that's in the middle of the screen.

Notice both lines became blank, once that's done, click on complete icon at the bottom.

You're document has been removed from your implementation project.

Note: This is the only way that I have found for this issue. This does not mean that the document was completely deleted from Solution Manager....just the link to your project. If ever in the future you want to link it back, you can still find it with SOLAR_EVAL.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

Regards,

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi,

Many thanks for your answer. The Adjust to Orginal pushbutton did help me to do the trick. In fact, I had to perform a background job to compare changes in templates with the implementation project, after then, the Adjust to Orginal pushbutton became active.

I am happy to mark the question been answered Thanks.

Regards,

Li

Answers (0)