cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit PO Storage Location gets cleared if the PO is edited and any detail in it is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing one issue in Limit POs(Extended Classic Scenario), where Limit PO Storage Location value is cleared (as checked in BBP_PD) if the PO is edited and any detail is changed in it and we save/order the PO. Whereas If we allow the PO to order without changing any value, it's storage Location is not cleared and remains intact.

Please suggest on the same.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gaurav Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest on the above shared issue.

What is the relevance of Storage Location in case of Limit PO ?
Does Delivery Address serve the function of Storage Location as per standard functionality in Limit PO ?

ie: even if the Storage Location is blank in PO, standard takes the Delivery Address as it' substitute.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gaurav Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav ,

Limit PO is Created in Case of you dont have requirement of exact Amount  like service PO

So company will oder po with  lum-sum amount and do confirmation or invoice as per service they received.  so here delivery address Amy be storage location or address where the service gone perform.

The storage location is important in case of Material PO where to need to maintain stock .

Thanks

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Thanks for info.

But Limit PO can take in Service or Material as well and in that case we might not know when storage location might play a important role, as I suppose in case we use Limit PO for some material in that case storage location would me mandate.
So, I understand, in any case either Storage Location or Delivery Add is must for Limit POs.

But in our case the storage location is cleared incase the Limit PO is edited by a buyer.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav ,

Please check this http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/ECC+Plant+or+Location+number+is+not+displayed+in+Shopping+C...

May this usefull for understand. also check in ecc where PO is with Plant & st location

Thanks

sharad