Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The problem is related to Depot Sales Return which is as follows -

In a Sales Order a Trade Scheme is given where for one material type having material group FERT there is a free gift material having material type GIFT which is maintained through free goods determination (T Code - VBN1). The scheme is along with12pcs of FERT material 1pc of GIFT material is given as free.

While taking sales return with reference to the invoice, in the return sales order only the FERT item is getting reflected & the GIFT item isn't fetched without any error / warning message.The item category assignment done for the attainment of the purpose is as follows.

I want to know whether it is possible to take return of free goods in the return order along with the main chargeable item in the standard SAP scenario. Please help at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards

Animesh Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the standard configuration, Free Goods will only work wherever the Document Category is "C".  For rest, it is not supported.  Having said this, for Returns, it will not work for you.  You have to develop your own logic if need be.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi Sir

Thanks for sharing this. I have also tested this and you are right. System don't determine it. Now I just want to ask where we can add our own logic? In program MV45AFZZ  USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP or in copy control routine?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can go with either the exit what you had suggested or USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_KOMP - in Program MV45AFZ4  which is related to Free Goods.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

In order to "activate" Free goods functionality, could you please explain why you would try to use USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP userexit?

Also what other detailed steps would you include in the coding?

From our understanding of Free goods:

There is the configuration in

- Baisc Function / Condition technique (configuration steps....including / with assignment of Free goods procedure to DoPP, CuPP)

- VOV4, Item category assignment

Thank you for your input!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your post!

Could you please explain the possible reason(s) why SAP has not given Free goods for RE process (VBTYP not equal to C)?

Side comment: (Probably) Material Listing / Exclusion works for OR and RE processes!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From a Businessman perspective, if you ask me, I will say that whatever I am offering to my customer as a gift, that should be a top quality and there should not be any rejection from customer end.  May be, this could be the reason, SAP have also not provided the functionality.  As of now, this logic only comes to my mind

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
G Lakshmipathi,
From a Businessman perspective, if you ask me, I will say that whatever I am offering to my customer as a gift, that should be a top quality and there should not be any rejection from customer end.  
Please comment on:
Are we discussing on the quality of the material(s) that we are giving Free of cost / Gift?
Or are we talking about the goods that were sold, the customer wants to return those goods; (along with these goods should he return the Gift - currently understood that this is not possible in standard SAP)?
Free goods functionality, in RE process:
If customer wants to returns the goods those he had bought, then the Gift given along with these goods should also be returned to the company.
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then the Gift given along with these goods should also be returned to the company.

Not necessary.  As I already stated, instead of thinking from SAP point of view, my perception is from a seller point of view, how this can be handled.  So in that sense, if the original product is found to be defective, the end customer can very well retain the gift with him and ask for replacement for the main product.  This is practically happening in many cases.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W sir Lakshmipathi sir

I will do test what T.W sir gave process but my Confusion is Here two legends are telling different way so i want exactly any difference is there if we return the free of goods stock what T.W SIR told

if we returned the free of goods stock with user exist any difference is there

right now i don't have  ides system

plz explain me

i never forget your help

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

There are some scenarios in Free goods sale returns.

1. If TAN and TANN both are billing relevant and you create sale return w.r.t billing document then it is ok. TAN will be REN and TANN will be RENN as per Mr. Shiva Kumar's post.
  2. If TAN is billing relevant and TANN is not billing relevant and you have to create sale return w.r.t billind document for both items TAN and TANN then what you will do?
  3. Is sale return is processed w.r.t sale order then again it is ok as per Mr. Shiva Kumar's post assignment of item categories.
  4. Now the scenario for which me and Mr. Lakishamipathi has indicated is that you process sale return without any reference. In this case if you enter material for which there is a valid record in VBN1 and you turn on free goods analysis in sale order create screen > environment > analysis > free goods then system will give following information. For this we have to go for some customization for determining free goods in sale return document automatically.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

"The summary points" make your post very information (and good for testing and learning).

Thank you for it!

Coming to my question (in my previous post), for point 4: "Implementing Free goods for RE order (in other words for processes whose VBTYP <> C)

What functional specifications would be give to the ABAPer?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thanks

Thanks for liking my post.

For the said point we can do some customization. you can ask AbAPER to use MV45AFZZ user exit "USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP" or may be "USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_KOMP" in MV45AFZ4 as mentioned by Mr. Lakshamipathi. He can write read tables in which VBN1 record has been maintained. If a material as valid record in VBN1 then ABAPER can an additional sub line item for main item material. He can get materials from VBN1 table too. Right now I have no access to my server so I am not able to mention table name. You can find it very easiy. I hope this logic will work fine. I am using the same logic in my company.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Typewriter:

In order to "activate" Free goods functionality, could you please explain why you would try to use USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP userexit?

Moazzam:

He can write read tables in which VBN1 record has been maintained. If a material as valid record in VBN1 then ABAPER can an additional sub line item for main item material. He can get materials from VBN1 table too.

My question was basically to understand what specifications you would give to the ABAPer.

Free goods works according to condition technique, meaning

a) Is free goods procedure assigned (for that order)?

b) Go to condition type > search if there is condition record which is valid

c) populate in the order

You talked about steps b and c, but what about step a?

Furthermore, why are you suggesting this userexit?

(as I donot have ABAP related perspective / knowledge, I want to understand why you choose this userexit & what to convey to the abaper to get this requirement met?)

Thank you, in advance!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You talked about steps b and c, but what about step a?

Furthermore, why are you suggesting this userexit?

(as I donot have ABAP related perspective / knowledge, I want to understand why you choose this userexit & what to convey to the abaper to get this requirement met?)

Dear Sir

For step I would like to explain it like this. We assign free goods procedure so that system may check whether we want to activate free goods for this specific sale area + document + customer or not. We know that for return order this standard functionality don't work. So when we say we need to activate free goods for return order in case of it is being created without reference to any billing or sales document, we are certain and sure that free goods will be activated for this so we don't need to check whether procedure is assigned to this sale area + document pricing procedure + customer pricing procedure. Else if you want system to check this assignment too you can tell this logic to ABAPER too. He can check this in his coding too but it will get more complex and we don't need to do this.

Why I suggested this user exit is because we can move or add field to VBAP table in this user exit. When we determine free goods we have to add an additional line item and this user exit is for sale order line item fields. So this user exit is best possible option in order to do this.

Side Comment: I am just giving solution if a consultant have to do this in worst condition condition. Best option is to adopt create sale return w.r.t original sale order or billing document.

Please tell me you got my point or not. I am may be not able to explain it in some simple and understandable way

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Many thanks!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You All for all the replies

Due to some unavoidable circumstances I am yet to go through all the R&D s related to this problem, let me go through those & will definitely get back to this with my findings.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Animesh Chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create the return order with reference of sales order, so you will get the free goods return also...

for that you have to maintain the item catg. determination

RE + NORM + FREE + REN = RENN

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the item Category Determination need to be as Follows

ZRD1  ZTRS  FREE  ZREN  ZRPI

Hope ZRPI is the Free goods Item Category

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your copy controls VTAF whether the Free goods Item is Assigned under Item Level.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

The Free Goods item category is already assigned by me under the Item Level in VTAF copy controls.

Regards

Animesh