cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images are not visible in Document published

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have published the document in EAM space. Earlier all the images were visible to visitors as well, but after few days others are not able to view the complete document along with images. I have checked the settings, but not getting any option to do that.

Document Link - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32419

Please suggest/ resolve the issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - When you created this document, did you copy and paste the images or insert them one by one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jason,

I had created the document in early October (First week may be) and inserted the images one by one. I am able to see the images while logged in only.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Perhaps try going into edit mode and publishing it again.  Maybe that will reset the permissions on the images.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Actually, I just edited the document to add an automated table of contents and remove some of the unnecessary formatting that was making this document's HTML very heavy.

There's a handy button that removes all the formatting when you copy and paste content to the text editor.

Anyhow, this didn't fix the problem. I suggest you remove the images and insert them using the insert image button again, one by one. Sorry but there's no other quick fix possible.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Reported and added to : Images do not Appear in SCN Documents COMM-1470

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason, expecting the quick resolve.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lucky,

We had identified this issue even before you reported it and this has been resolved with our latest deployment this Sunday ( see COMM-1071 in SCN Release Notes ) but unfortunately it seems you have been hit by it prior to the fix.

Let's find out how we can recover your images. Hopefully this issue shouldn't show up anymore with the fix applied.

Apologies, I've mixed this up with a similar issue. We are working on a fix. The images are not lost, just don't show for anonymous users.

Best,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Issue is stand still. Can you please resolve the issue??

SCN members having hard time to access the document published.

-Lucky

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The solution is to download all the images, remove them from the document and finally insert them again on the document.

The issue is that the images received a diff permission level based on how they were first added to the document.