cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris 10, which install cluster is correct ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I have a question regarding the base installation of Solaris (in this case Solaris 10) ready for use with SAP components.

I have looked at the PAM, I have also looked at the http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23511#section4 and as yet have not found the answer to my question.

The question is, during the base installation of the Solaris operating system what is the correct (SAP and/or Oracle specified) installation cluster that should be used ? There are a number to choose from, each installing various different software packages.

SUNWCrnet    Reduced Networking Core System Support

SUNWCreq     Core System Support

SUNWCuser    End User System Support

SUNWCprog    Developer System Support

SUNWCall     Entire Distribution

SUNWCXall    Entire Distribution plus OEM support

I reason I ask is, we have a Solaris 10 system which we are planning to upgrade. The current installed release appears to be a belt and braces SUNWCXall (All software) install. However, we are very tight on phsyical storage space on the root partition and it would be useful to know if I can get away with reinstalling Solaris using a lesser install cluster.

What release do you run on your Solaris 10 system ???

To determine which "cluster" of the Solaris Operating Environment you have installed:

$ cat /var/sadm/system/admin/CLUSTER

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, having not gotten any feedback from here, I raised a support call on SAP...

their feedback, I have inserted below, just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same position in the future...

"...

minimal requirement:

SUNWCuser End User System Support

but it is very recommended to take the entire installation as some dependency issues with packages may occur.

So we recommend to install the:

SUNWCall Entire Distribution."

Answers (0)