SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track Failed Billing Document for Invoicing- FI-CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario, where multiple billing documents are included into one invoice.

After invoice runs, how and where, I can track what all billing documents are processed with success and what are left due to some error.

Do we have any job protocol to view this?

Thank you.

Depesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Depesh

T-code E25T lists Bill Docs that are not invoiced (and also Bill Orders not processed into Bill Docs).

Cheers

Astrid

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Depesh:

Look at transaction SLG_ISU.  Otherwise, you can use the table relationships where the billing and invoice documents' relationships can be seen.

regards,

bill.

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Depesh

T-code E25T lists Bill Docs that are not invoiced (and also Bill Orders not processed into Bill Docs).

Cheers

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

Thank you so much for your response.

Could you suggest how to find out which BITs are successfully created and which are failed in the system due to some error and how to identify the possible exceptions?

Thank you.

Depesh

0 Kudos

Depesh

Are you talking about Collective Invoicing?  I have no experience with that.

Also, are you talking about errors within a particular BP/CA, or the invoicing run as a whole?

Depending on how the errors are being trapped, you might get cases for some of the exceptions.

Cheers

Astrid

0 Kudos

Astrid,

First, Tcode E25T as you suggested gives the list for lot of billing cycles and seems complicated to analyse. Do you know how and where to check the job process protocol of batch biiling/invoiving job to know what billing documents are excluded due to error.

Secondly, I need to identify the exception when the BITs are first created on the receipt of charged items from external system. AT this stage no billing or invoicing occurs.

Please suggest.

Thank you.

Depesh

0 Kudos

Depesh

LIke Bill mentioned earlier, you can view the application log for the invoicing run, which reports warnings and errors.

We built customizations for common errors to get EMMA cases generated, and have also built custom queries/reports to find other scenario's as they crop up.

Sorry, I haven't come across BITS.

Astrid