cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party SAP Access Through Certificates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please note that I am new with the PI enviorments & we are in estblishining a connection between our SAP system & a third party. we chose that the Authentication method to be through certificates access. As we have generated a key pair, got it signed, sent to them & the same thing from their side.

So far when we try to post on their URL the transaction is successful, however, when they try to post on our side the system asks them for
a username & a password access although we already provided them with the required certificates, in which they should be able to access our system directly without the username & password authentication.

Whatever you information you experts need from my side just ask for them & I will provide them immediately.

Any guides or information would be really helpful & appreciated.

Best Regards,

Fayez Al-Hassan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gentlemen,

I was really hoping for more support from you. Anything would be really helpful, please.

Best Regards,

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fayez,

You can ask Thrid party team to add a HTTP header like below:

Parameter name: Authorization

Parameter value: Basic (base64-encoded username:password)

Please find the below blogs which has describe clearly:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2151201

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/07/a-closer-look-at-soap-sender-auth...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gentlemen,

Thank you for your suggestion, however, the third party is
only dealing through certificate authorization as they are with many other
clients & they can’t change the setting only for us.

That is what I ask is that is there any configuration within
the PI system to allow them to access our system through the certificate we already
provided them with.

Please note that their system is built on the biztalk environment.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fayaz,

I am assuming the third party is making SOAP call or HTTP call to PI. If communication method is HTTP then the third party should incorporate user credentials in the connection string itself while making HTTP call to PI.

Hope it would help you!!

Regards,

Ashish