cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo request, fields Plant, storage location, shipping point

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do we have fields plant, storage location and shipping point in credit memo request, debit memo request (CR order, DR order)?

There is no physical delivery of goods, thus the above mentioned fields are irrelevant.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those are purely for reporting purpose that is what I felt.  Let us assume, if any Business wants to take CMR / DMR plant wise or shipping point wise, unless these fields gets filled, it is not possible to generate a report and I presume, that is why SAP have provided as an options.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W and Narendra ,

In most of the projects i worked, the relationship between the  sales org and plant was 1:1. So really we don't need reporting and authorization control at plant level.(For CMR & DMR cases)

In my last project, we had 1 sales org to which 5 plants are assigned to it and all the activities are controlled at plant level. So we used the plant field in the incompletion log, so that user always enter it even in CMR and DMR.

Regarding Authorization, business don't want the other plants to access their data. For example, a person who is responsible for plant 1 don't have any authorization to view the data of the other plants.

Suppose if we don't use the field plant in CMR and DMR, then we cannot handle the authorization.

Hope it is clear.

Regards

Vinu

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

These Feild are purely for reporting purposes.

For Plants others have already explained.

For Storage Location - say in a very large Organization, you hvae a huge Plant & multiple storage locations. Now in each Storagge Location, there will be a Team of people handling the movement of goods. Thus in future you can analyse the occurance of excess Debit memo's from a particular Storage Location. (& link their Variale salary / Bonus with this data )

Simalarly for Shipping Point, we all know that Good finally move out of the Plant through Shipping Point. Now in future you may need to analyse the occurance of Debits from particular Shipping point.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra ,

In our project, we are using plant in CMR and DMR for 2 purposes.

1) As lakshmipathi mentioned, it is used for reporting as we have 5 plants assigned to 1 sales org and each plant act individually.

2) For authorization purpose. We don't want the user of plant 1 to create CMR for the plant 2.

we haven't used storage location and shipping point fields.

Regards

Vinu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu ,

Many thanks for updating your opinion on this scenario / thread .If  you don't mind can you explain a little bit about your second line comment with example .

2) For authorization purpose. We don't want the user of plant 1 to create CMR for the plant 2.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

Thanks for your post!

Taking Narendra's point a step further, could you please convey (if possible across clients you have worked);

- where (in a central admistrative office, or in different delivering plants etc.) the sales orders & other orders (CMR etc.) where created?

- Same question for creation of delivery notes & billing documents.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Thank you for this question!

I appreciate your attitude/ effort of questions, confirming etc. each point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Sir

Some time Business Area is determined through Business Area To Plant And Division, thus system need to valid entry there to determine it.Else when you will post anything to accounting there must be some check like validation which will prevent posting because entry is not getting any business area.Similarly when you give plant it will automatically determine Shipping point.

Storage Location

Sorry,I don't know any valid reason.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you but please answer my query before answering your query .

How could you find out this debit or credit memo relevant to which plant or storage location or shipping point  if you want any reports purpose to client in future ? ( Plant wise debit or credit may be want ).

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right sir. These fields are irrelevant for CR and DR. We can delete these fields from in-completion log and leave them blank. I don't think so this will effect any process for DR or CR. There are also many other fields which are irrelevant but still they exist in VA01 screen. Please correct me if I am wrong.