Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Installation requirements

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good Morning Experts,

Our client had ECC 6.0 EHP1, now he needs SAP PI needs to be installed on top of it.

i have few queries to know like what are the basic pre requisties to install SAP Netweaver PI and If i tell the basis to install PI will it be suffice.

As a developer what information should i provide to the basis for this SAP PI Installation.

Request your valuabel inputs

Thanks,

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This doesn't sound very organized. One thing you should understand is that it is recommended to have a separate server to install PI and it should not be on the same server as ECC. I hope your client understand that. First thing to understand is the PI version you want to install. This largely depends on the client current and future requirement. Once you have these basic information, your Basis should be able to download PI from marketplace and install it. Installation and post installation guides are available on marketplace and SCN.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Sorry to in organize the query,

In terms of hardware concern I understood for SAP PI implementation a seperate server is required,

My query is :

1. What information does Basis required from the developer -- how does we know which SAP PI version is compatible with the ecc. so such information where can i found.

2. Does client need to invest seperately to get this SAP PI Installed

Hope you clarify the above queries.

Thanks,

--Kishore

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The role of PI developer ideally doesn't start unless the server is ready to use. ERP 6 should be compatible with all the versions of PI including PI 7.3.1 which is available as Process Orchestration package as well. If your client is ready to invest in the latest PI offering, PI 7.3.1 is a good choice.

2. PI has a separate CPU based license. Also, it makes sense to install on a separate machine therefore separate hardware. So yes, it is a separate investment.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for the reply,

Can i know in terms of features how PI 7.1 & PI 7.3 & PI 7.3.1 is quite differient,

I just want to showcase the client for choosing the version.

Hope you understand my query.

I cannot say blindly like 7.3 is better as it is latest version. So could you please help me in assing which has more features.

If you have any links to help.. it would be gr8

Thanks,

--KK

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To start with, you should mention SAP's direction towards single stack installation and therefore it make perfect sense to go for PI 7.3 or PI 7.3.1. Installing older version or dual stack 7.3 and moving later on to Java only will be additional cost. This alone should suffice the reason why older version would not be the best choice.

7.3.1 is the most robust version available with support to NW BPM and BRM, 7.3 lack this integration and therefore and this makes 7.3 single stack deprived of BPM engine (as Java only doesn't have ccBPM).

Check this out

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/11/installation-options-for-process-...

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Very Helpful answers.

Another concern:

Is PI 7.3.1 can be configured only single Java stack? if so then what is the work of Abap stack in PI 7.3.1

Thanks,

--KK

Answers (0)