cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping issue: PI message failed due to not retrieve the values from Cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing a strange issue in our Production System. Some of the PI messages are getting failed due to not finding values for value mappings from PI runtime value mapping cache. We are able to see the values exist in cache but PI messages are unable to retreive them at runtime and fails.

Strange if i reprocess some of the messages are getting success but some of them are not....

com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE02/IDOC/E101COMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL/LOGSYS; root message: No value found for 'APPLICATION_SYSTEM_R3_SP1' at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:443) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:395) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:395) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode

1. com.sap.aii.mapping.value.api.ValueMappingException: An error occurred during the value mapping of context = http://sap.com/xi/XI, agency = SAP_R3, scheme = SALES_R3, and value = SDUS to context http://sap.com/xi/XI, agency = SAP_CRM, and scheme = SALES_CRM (data inconsistent) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.valueMapping.ValueMappingService.execute(ValueMappingService.java:157) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.valueMapping.ValueMappingService.executeMapping(ValueMappingService.java:67) at com.sap.aii.mapping.value.api.XIVMService.executeMapping(XIVMService.java:30) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.ValueMapping.getValue

We are receiving the above error message in Moni of PI.

Please let us know if any one of you have already faced this kind of issues?

thanks-

Ramesh.

Message was edited by: Ramesh Babu Gaddale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had a similar issue.  i went into each object, made a change (added a space to the description) saved and activated.

then went to the cache and did a full refresh and it solved the issue for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

I am facing the exact same problem in my PI. Did you find a solution?

Regards

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Jenny,

Our issue was with Value Mapping Replication JOB which was used to push the information/data from CRM to PI Cache.

The JOB was scheduled at every Monday.

The issue has happened due to PI re-start.

Whenever PI gets restarted, our Basis used to do a delta refresh. And this caused to one of our PI system Node. The job has updated the cache of only one node of PI and hence we got the issue.

Resoultion:

We shouldn't do any delta cache refresh after PI restart.

Execute the JOB again to fill all nodes of PI.

Thanks-

Ramesh.

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are using Value Mapping Replication make sure you are not using the default context http://sap.com/xi/XI  -  refer to SAP note 1476480 for more details. This encounters an issue when you are doing your cache refresh.

Regards

Subhro