cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Force --PI- ECC Integration. Session ID required or NOT?

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Now I am working on SFDC- ECC Integration. my scenario will be SFDC(SOAP)-ECC(RFC or proxy) Asynchronous. I read few blogs in SCN that stating that we required to create a session ID if u want to integrate with SFDC. My frinend is saying that it's a normal soap to RFC scenario if SFDC at sender side.

I have one big concern.

1) session id is required or not ?

please help me on this.

Regards,

pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You can use HTTP to receive data from SFDC with User authentication mode. You can also expose the Sender PI Interface as Web Service and provide the WSDL to SFDC team. They would be able to send data. In that case you can use the option in Sender SOAP adapter for HTTPs communication with Client Certificate authorization( Http Security Level). You need to do a small POC.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadendu sen,

Thanks for your reply.

we are want to Use Soap adapter with HTTPS communication. My basis team installed SSL certficates.

I have doubts on your reply

------------------->HTTPs communication with Client Certificate authorization( Http Security Level) ?

to acheive this do we need any configuration need to done from PI end?

--------------------> You need to do a small POC.?

what is POC , could please explain me indetail.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Pavan

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please find the below blog where its mentioned the Steps needs to be performed in PI for HTTPs.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60ff2883-70c5-2c10-f090-a744def2b...

Please find the below blog configuration in Configuration of SAP PI

http://scn.sap.com/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-a...

POC means Proof of Concept, nothing but just create dummy interface and test end to end to ensure everything working fine before start with the actual interface.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any Updates on my Issue.

Thanks,

Pavan

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Yes session ID is very important. Once you login to SFDC using SOAP adapter it will send you back a session id. This session ID needs to be present in the next SOAP request to SFDC. The next SOAP request may be for creating an account or update contacts etc. Check my blog and the links mentioned in the reference section for more information

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/02/troubleshooting-sap-pi-and-salesf...

Regards

Anupam

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anupam,

Thanks for your Reply.

I read some blog posts in SCN every scenario will SFDC at reciver end.

My requirement is SFDC at sender side.

i'll explain my requirement in brief

i need to pull sales orders data from Sales force and need to post in ECC (SOAP TO RFC or PROXY) (Asynchronous ))

1 approach -------->) will it  be like  normal SOAP to Proxy or RFC scenario

or

else  i need to design my scenario according to  few documents which i got it from SDN.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3823

2- approach) ---------using soap look up we need to create the session id. then we will pull the data from sfdc?

in your blog also u mentioned the scenario SAP-ISU  ---> idoc<----> SAP-PI---->SOAP (request- response)<---> SFDC.

i need SFDC-PI-ECC scenario approach.

Please Guide me

Thanks in Advance

Pavan

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

The document link you have provided follows  2nd approach. My blog also follows second approach. SFDC or PI cannot trigger any request response on its own. Thus you need a triggering event from ECC. This event would generate SOAP request from PI and obtain response from SFDC.

The response needs to be sent back to ECC from PI.

Regards

Anupam

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your reply. i am sorry

I didn't understand this part

----------------> SFDC or PI cannot trigger any request response on its own. Thus you need a triggering event from ECC.

This event would generate SOAP request from PI and obtain response from SFDC.

The response needs to be sent back to ECC from PI.----------------->

My requirement is SFDC at sender side & ECC will be at receiver side.

i want to know how my interface design will be ?

normal SOAP to Proxy (asynchronous)

or any particular steps need to follow. please explain me in detail.

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Apologies, I made a mistake in understanding your requirement. I have not created such scenarios where SFDC is in sender side. Thus unable to suggest any further in thus regard.

Thanks

Anupam

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your valuable Time. I learnt lot of things from your blog.

..Experts any update on my requirement.

Regards,

Pavan