Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit: Total limit across all control areas

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey SD Experts

I have a requirment where credit limit is maintained for same customer customer in two credit controlling areas. But when it comes to the total limit across all control areas there is an issue. This is because one company is maintaining the customer in USD and other in LKR( sri lankan rupee). How do I enter the total limit ? in what currecny ? only one currency can be entered ?

P.s - I dont want to convert the USD to LKR or LKR to USD and enter the total field.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have multiple Company Codes under one Credit Control Area, then you can define Credit Limit only in Currency of Credit Control Area. This is so because system need some common base to convert all the figures & compare to Customer's Credit Limit.

Thus if you have single Credit Control Area, you requirement is not possible. You may think of multiple Credit Control Area as suggested by Abhiniav above.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

You can define an alternative Credit Control Area with the currency SriLankan Rupees instead of using the default credit control area assigned to the company code in OB38. Your default credit control area assignment in OB38 must have the Overwrite CC check box selected. This selection tells SAP that the default credit control area can be overwritten.

Now the new CC area you have defined need to be permitted in OBZK as "permitted cc Area for the company Code xxxx".

Once both these settings are done, you can use your alternate credit control area in the transactions by manually replacing the default SAP-proposed credit control area with your permitted alternative credit control area. If you want to default this alternative credit control area for a specific customer, you can assign this on the Billing tab of the sales area data of the customer master as a default credit control area for that customer.

Thanks,