Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transit duration in STO

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find that transit duration in STO is considering the transit time maintained in transportation lane but not from transit time maintained in transport and shipment scheduling (AU01) . How can we get the value considered in AU01 for the transit time maintained for condition record (TRAN) with route .

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Mrinal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

The system determines the transit durations in the following sequence and takes the first duration > 0 which was found

1. checking if Tlane exists and a transit duration was maintained

2. checking if conditions were entered

3. estimate the transit duration based on distance between the two locations

If you do not want the Tlane duration you can set the duration of the TLane to zero or delete the assignment of shipping condition to MOT in SPRO

SAP - Implementation Guide

Advanced Planning and Optimization

Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)

Transportation and Shipment Scheduling

Interfaces

Define Assignment of Default Means of Transport to Shipping Conditions

-> delete the assignment so that no MOT can be found by the system. The system should not find a TLane and consider the conditions instead. Keep in mind that you have to delete the scheduling buffer via report /SAPAPO/SCHED_BUFFER_RESET after customizing changes to see an effect immediately.

best regards,

Michael

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Our scenario is creation of STO with location substitution . Route determination is configured for STO.

Observed that

* APO is scheduling considering the route for STO same as of Sales order which is a gap in APO (I think) if there is no means of transport in TL

* Probably the reason is that the STO is still not created at GATP in sales order , only STR is created and STR does not have any route.

Is there any SAP standard way forward.

With regards,

Mrinal

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

Could you please clarify your scenario once more. You run ATP check in sales order with RBA location substitution and creation of STO or you create STOs in ME21n and running ATP check ?

I guess you mean the first scenario, right ?

Did you try to delete the transportation duration in the TLANE ? set it to zero and recheck the scenario.

best regards,

Michael

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, scenario is the first one as you stated.

If duration is deleted in TL , then APO considers route in STO same as in SO. I think that the reason is that the route is not determined in STR (which is created during SO creation).

With regards,

Mrinal

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

The STR creation follows the dates given by the Sales order, so I expect to have the start and end date of the STR are similar to the MBDAT and LDFAT in the sales order. But you are right, the STR created in APO does not do the normal ATP scheduling with the condition technique.  This happens only when you check the order in ECC or in BOP.

best regards,

Michael

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

The STR creation follows the dates given by the Sales order, so I expect to have the start and end date of the STR are similar to the MBDAT and LDFAT in the sales order. But you are right, the STR created in APO does not do the normal ATP scheduling with the condition technique.  This happens only when you check the order in ECC or in BOP.

best regards,

Michael

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

In case you are creating STRs during RBATP based on sales order requirement, then in this case you are creating STRs for servicing sales orders.

So here the STR start and end time will depend on no. of factors;

1) T-Lane time, which becomes planned delivery time in STRs.

2) GR time maintained in product master.

Now Sales Order gets confirmed availability date of your STR.

How the dates are being calculated in STR/STO in APO is mentioned in detail in below link, please refer might be useful in your case.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/98/763442d692ac04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Do let me know if this helps you.

Regards

Sourabh