cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT- Deleted columns names are still visible in data foundation but objects do not parse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am developing universe on top of Oracle 11 using IDT. There is movement of database recently and I pointed to new database now.

In my old database there in 2 tables with project information (Project Name, Project start date etc) but in the new new server by mistake these columns are named as Product (like Product Name, Product start date etc). So all columns starting with Project (in old db) became product (in new db). We raised the issue with db, so these columns in new db (server) are changed back to Project.

But when I refresh structure all the deleted columns (product names, product statrt date etc..) are being shown as new columns to tables and getting added to tables in data foundation. When I drag these columns as objects in business layer and parse I get error as these are not present in db.Do you know why is this strange behaviour of IDT. Is this tracking changes and storing any itesm in cache???

I did not save universe to server and have been working on my local copy.

Please help me to trouble shoot.

Regards,

Nanda Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does it work if you create a new Foundation ontop of your 2 tables?   (maybe recreate the connection too)

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

Thanks.

Tested separately for these three tables.When I am adding these tables to data foundation I haven't seen those variables, After "Refresh Structure" I am getting same issue.

Regards,

Nanda Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this a bug with IDT?

Regards,

Nanda Kishore

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i still don't understand your workflow. What's this talk of variables?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No idea. you haven't supplied any version information.

Have you checked the 'fixed issues list' of say, Patch5.1  or Patch4.7, for relevant ADAPT?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

The following is the flow. sorry for including wrong word 'variable'.

1. Added three tables in DF and created objects based on these tables.

2. When refresh structure,get message that table structure is updated and new columns are being added to tables in DF. When you create objects (in BL) based on these columns parse fails.

IDT version is SP2. Version: 14.0.2.v20111221-0565

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nanda Kishore

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to Note 1602088, build number 565 is Patch 2.10.  which was released about 1 year ago.

As you are not benefiting from the last 12 months of corrections. At time of writing, only SP04 and SP05 codelines are actively maintained. Patch 21 was the last release on the SP02 codeline, and Patch4.7 and Patch5.1 are the latest available upgrades.

You may want to requalify your workflow on a higher version .

regards,

H