Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Program ID registration problem

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been facing RFC Pr ogram ID registration problem. I have configured RFC destination of type T in SM59 of ECC. In which I have maintained program id and while doing connection test it is giving error like.... program id not registered. How to register a program id in Gateway? Please explain what is external program?

Any help would be great appreciated...

Regards,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You have to follow all the steps of below note:

353597 Registering RFC server programs

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin,

Thank you. I have gone through the note. What does it mean on External side? We did all things on ABAP side( RFC destination of Type T in SM 59 and maintain the program id under register server program). I have ECC and PI enviroments. Whenever Material master execute in ECC, all material details have to go to SQL server database by using PI. In this environment which is external side?

Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You have to create the RFC in NWA of PI system . The name will be same as the Registerd program name you are giving in SM59 of ECC.

But why do you really need a TCP/IP  connection. If this has to go to PI system use the RFC of type H.

Regards,

Vamshi.

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Vamshi. My scenario is BAPI to JDBC. For BAPIs we use type T destination in ECC. If I use type H, then while configuring RFC sender channel how can I give program ID in that. I think as per your view you are suggested proxies.

Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read RFC Server Programs.

Regards,

Roman

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Roman.

I have read your specified document. But I am confusing about this RFC server program and etc. My scenario is RFC to JDBC. While testing of RFC destination of type T in SM59, we got the Program ID not registered error. we are trying to register the same program id in SMGW. Please help me.

Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have RFC server program which must be registered in SAP gateway with required program id. For more info about creation such RFC server programs please learn SAP NetWeaver RFC Library documentation (C/C++ interface). For Java you can use Java connectors. For windows you can use .NET connectors also. Do you have such RFC server program? If no, you need to create it first.

Regards,

Roman

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Roman,

I dont have idea on RFC server programs. Could please explain about server program?

Regards,

Ashok.