cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new Plant to the same company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

one of my client wants to assign a new plant to their existing company code.

Being an SD consultant, what all things should be done apart from the points I have mentioned below

Enterprise Structure setting - Assign Sales Organisation & Distribution channel to plant
Assign Shipping points determination
If Excisable - Create Number range for outgoing excise invoice?

Kindly guide me if there is anything else.

Best Regards,

AnandK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plant creation will always be done by MM consultant.  For information, plant configuration related data gets stored in more than 40 tables and if you are not sure on this, better ask your MM consultant to do this part.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member533324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Create a plant with a reference to your existing plant most of your assignment would be copied change the after that change the address of the created plant.

Also Create a Shipping point with a reference to your existing shipping Point most of your assignment would be copied change the assignment for the shipping point to plant if you are not using the same shipping point after that change the address of the Shipping point.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Mohit

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AnandK

As it is one of the vital & eesential organisation unit and used by other module.

Any addition to existing org structure, requires other module also.

Please refer following link, although it talks about all the modules including SD:

- New Plant Code & it's Settings

Regards, JP

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1916229

Please have a look into above link.This may fulfill your requirement .

Actually ,the creation of the plant is purely relevant to SAP MM guys .If post this query there ,you can get a lot of information there.

Thanks,

Naren