Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No records found in the Load BW Master Data node in BPMon setup for BPA

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a solution and configured BPMon on that solution. I also want to setup Business process Analytics. The Solution Manager is 7.1 and SP06. I have followed the guide of BPA for 7.1 SP05 and performed all the prerequisites.

The job E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR is also running every minute, the info cube 0SM_BPMRH are also installed and activated. The managed system also contains documents for the required key figures which have been configured.

But on the logical component node in the BPMon setup when i select the logical component and click the "Load BW Master Data" the pop which appears shows there are 0 documents for all the key figures. 

There should be some number of records loaded as the managed system contains the data for the selected AKF. Also can anybody tell me which background job loads this data. As when we select the key figure and click on the "Load BW Master Data" it directly shows the number of documents loaded.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Could you try to load master data object one by one instead of selecting all.

Also please refer to the my comment on following thread including thread link in the following.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3277052

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I have gone through that link before posting the discussion.

You are asking me to select one key figure at a time and then load it but my question is that before even going for the load of data the table should show the number of documents matching the criteria.

As seen in the screenshot which i have posted the table shows 0 number of records loaded. Do you have any idea as to how these number of docs are loaded.

As i have mentioned that the managed system has got some records for this key figure. Also I have set up BPA in another Solman having the same managed system and the same key figure. There it shows the number of records found in this pop up which appears.

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

The screen that you posted is Master Data Loading Screen

(Looks you mixed Master Data Loading and Transaction Data Loading).

1st of all, the screen says, extractor is SCHEDULED (not completed).

This means, master data extractor is schduled but due to some reason, it has not completed yet.

If it completed, you see some data and the status become loaded.

So I recommend you to select 1 object(ERP_BUKRS for example) and select load master data button again. (Please do not select all at once).

But please remember, this is the status  of master data load. Not transaction data load.
So this status and data does reflect  the number of relevant documents.

For BP Analytics, there are 2 extraction mechanism.

1. Master Data Load (Loading text info of technical object)

2. Transaction Data Load (Aggregated transaction data. This info is stored in Cube "0SM_BPMRH")

So for example, under the logical compoenent you configure 1  BP Analytics  key figure.

Let's say  "# of Overdue Sales Schedule line" 

And in the setup screen, you may choose group by flag  for some objects like Sales Org, Plant.

In this case, text information of Sales Org and Plant can be extracted by master data loader.

Without loading master data, you only see technical name in BP Analytics.

Sales Org 1000

Plant         1000

But if text info is loaded, you can additionally see text info.

Sales Org Germany

Plant        UK

So the screen that you mention is relevant to text data loading.

But the content (aggegated data by sales org * plan) of Overdue Schedule Line extracted separately by transaction extractor and this info does not appear BPMon setup screen.

If you really want to check the status, you can check BP Analytics cube directly via t-cd listcube

or via extractor admin.

Corresponding extractor is "BPMon Transactional Data Extractor".

But normally after the 1 hour of your BP Analytics Monitor extraction schedule, the should be avaialble in cube. So without specific necessity, you do not have to check.

I rather recommend you to check data via BP Analytics. Because if transaction data extraction works properly, you can see the data in BP Analytics.

(As I wroted in another thread, to see the data in BP Analytics, you need to configure connector instance and need to conduct AKF update).

And even without master data load, if transaction data extractor works properly, you should be able to see some content in Analytics with technical name.

I hope this info helps your understanding.

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I have checked the extractor "BPMon Transactional Data Extractor". It is active but the status is grey "unknown". I believe this is the main problem. I deactivated and again activated the extractor but the status is still unknown.

Do you now how to trouble shoot this. I believe once extractor starts working the data will be populated.

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

I assume you activated Analytics monitor. But please double check.

When is monitor scheduled ? and how do you collect the data ? online mode or background mode ?

If the time already past, could you change the schedule and deactivate+generate+activate monitor again.

Which release of your ST-A/PI on managed system? Version P?

By the way, do you see any timeout dump in managed system caused bysolman user? 

If the monitor is configured to collect a data in online mode, there is a possibility data is not collected due to long runtime (timeout) in managed system.

In that case, using background mode is recommended.

SAP Note 1759233 descrives some of the important point of BP Analytics implementation.

So this not is also recommended to check.

BR

Keiji

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I have tried deactivate+generate+activate for the monitors several times. I have also changed the schedule and activated it.

No, i dont get any error log. I had faced the prob of timeout in another solman where the data itself grew so large that the extractor could not extract it in 15 min.

Though this is not the case here. The extractor is not running. I checked in the managed system in SM37 but its not showing even in scheduled state.

Is there any other way to stop the extractor and schedule it again.

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Thank you for the information.

The case is interesting.

According to your initial description, extractor framework seems ok in your solman.

(since Job  E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR is running every minutes).

The problem looks "BP Analytics extractor".

Normally if you activate Analytics Monitor under the logical component, Transactional data

collector should become active. But in your case, you mentioned the status is grey.

If I were you, I might try following to judge the problem point.

1.In Extractor Admin, check whether there is any active extractor  to your managed system.

If there is active extractor with green status, extractor infra seems ok.

And some mechanism to activate BPMon extractor from Analytics Monitor setup seems issue.

2.If you cannot see any extractor (depending on the function, there can be some and not..),

1st I will try whether normal BPMon monitor works or not.

Analytics Monitor uses 2 steps extraction.

1st by using BPMon data extraction with simple read RFC, data collection program is

executed and data is collected in managed system and collected data is stored cluster table.

2nd by using extractor framework, aggregated data is collected from cluster table in managed

syste.

If extractor does not work, 2nd step not happen.

At this moment, it looks like 2nd point seems problem. But not sure whether 1st step

finished successfuly or not. To check this, I recommend you to activate some monitor

under the business process node.

If this properly works,you can see the result in BPO  alert inbox. This indicates 1st step seems ok and 2nd step seems problem.

And I will try to activate Analytics extractor

"BPMon Transactional Data Extractor" manually in extractor framework admin.

(Just change the its status)

Ifsimple BPMon monitor not working, you might miss  some basic infra setting.

like creating local RFC, Read RFC etc.

So I recommend you to checkBPMon infra setup status

T-CD SOLMAN_SETUP =>  Left side BPMon tab.

Another solution is, create SAP customer message since the situation is strange.

Expert can check the issue by using remote login.

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Other extractor for the system are working so the extractor framework is fine.

Also I would like to tell you that this managed system was connected to a different solman and in that the BPA was working fine,.

I have got 2 solman and the other one is on SP06 so when i started BPA in the other solman for that same managed system the extractor stopped working. Now it is not working for any solman and i am not getting data in it.

Previously we had done this. One managed system was connected to two solmans and BPA was working for both the systems well.

Ans I have also manually deactivated and activated the extractor form the extractor framework.

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vishal

If manual activation also does not work.

I recommend you to report the problem to SAP via customer message (OSS).

Best Regards

Keiji