Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document in Implementation Project..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to solution manager.

I need the help to understnad the document concept in solution manager.

We have created template and implementation project.

Now, the users are uploading document in the project documentation tab in the implementation project,

And after closure we need to transfer back the document in the Template project, but in the general documentation tab.

With compare and adjust, the document will trnafered back to project documentation tab only, and we want the documents in the general documentation tab.

Please help me in this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Routima,

You can copy/link the documents from General to Project Documentation tab.Cannot be done the vice versa i think.

Regards,

Mownika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mownika,

Thanks for reply..

What is the standard procedure you follow to tranfer the document back from implementatio project to template project.

Which tab to be used in both the project for compare and adjust..

Thanks a lot for the help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Routima,

Using the compare and adjust functionality you can move the documents from implementation project documentation tab to global template project documentation tab.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/f3/1bc1a1a0926a41843a8a08544dd27b/content.htm

Document that you created in project documentation tab in implementation project cannot be adjust at a different tab in global template project.It will reflect for adjust at the same tab only.

Thanks,

Mownika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mownika,

Thanks for your reply..

But we are not using project documentation tab in the template project.

Is there some way we can do it ??

Also is there some way to transfer large number of documents from one tab to another ( Gen t Proj) in same project.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mownika,

Thanks for your reply..

But we are not using project documentation tab in the template project.

Is there some way we can do it ??

Also is there some way to transfer large number of documents from one tab to another ( Gen t Proj) in same project.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not getting, Normally we assign in the Global template project.. later moved to local implementation project...

however the documents stored in the General documentation tab is common.. its part of template project.. Normally there wont be any issue with the transfer of documents in the general documents tab...

May I know Users assigned the documents in the general document tab or nt?

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the reply.

In our scenario, the end users are placing documents in the Project documentation tab in the implementation project,

and after the closure of the project, we want to transfer back all the document in the General Documentation Tab in Template Project.

Please help in this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using compare and adjust functionality you can move the document in your template project from Project documentation tab to General documentation tab.

Thanks,

mownika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mownika,

Thanks for the reply.

But please help me in how to use compare and adjust for transfering document from project tab to general tab...

I do not have that much experience in solman.

As per my understandng, we can use compare and adjust for same tab in both template and implementation projects.

Thanks