Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple delivery address for business partner in REFX contract

former_member558044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a following requirement from our client and I have checked standard customization but no luck.

Partner Role Lessee/Tenant with Customer Account DELIVERY ADDRESS

defaulted to one address only. If a Partner Role has more than one

contract with different delivery address it will only pick one

address. If you change the address all other delivery address in other

contracts will change and we have a one business partner with multiple

delivery addresses and delivery address will be different based on the

contract.How can we acheive this requirement.

Thanks in afvance for your help.

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

an address for a partner is valid for all contracts where it is used (as the partner itself).

If you change the address this change effects therefore all contracts where this address is used.

This is the same as any change in the name of the partner itself affects all contracts where the partner is assigned.

If you want to use different addresses for your contracts you need to create different address types for your partner.

Then you can assign the address to the contract by differentiating by address type in the partner tab.

example: Partner 4711 has two delivery adresses

Delivery address 1

Delivery address 2

contract 1

partner 4711, Delivery address 1

contract 2

partner 4711, Delivery address 1

And for contract 3 the deviating Delivery address 2 should be used.

contract 3

partner 4711, Delivery address 2

Hope this helps.

Regards, Franz

former_member558044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fraz,

Much appreciated your quick response my issue.

I agree with you but present business scenario we have 20 dlivery address for one business partner and it is very difficult to maintain this many address and also we have to configure this if they have more delivery address.

Is there any standard configuration which will suit as per client requirement.

Regards,

Satya

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

If I understood you right you are looking for a possibility to maintain a delivery address on the contract level. But addresses belong always to a partner and cannot be assigned directly to a contract without a partner.

But maybe your business partner is like a head office with subsidiaries?

Then it is possible in FI to define one customer as the head office and additional customers for the subsidiaries linked to the head office. So you are able to assign the contract to the partner that is created for the subsidiary and the partner has a unique delivery address.

You may check out with your colleagues that are responsible for Financials if this scenario is suitable for your requirement.

Regards,

Franz

former_member558044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Once again thanks for your prompt reply.

I have discussed same kind of requirement with my client and they dont want multiple customers.

I can see address type in contract level of business parter and it is only displaying one delivery address if we maintained more than one delivery address in delivery address node.

If address type it shows all the delivery addresses then it can be possible to fetch the relavent delivery address of contract but I am unable to get all delivery address display in address type.

Regards,

Satya