cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

The query is related to establish Project versions in demand planning.

I am not able to take the project snapshot using the tcode dpr_snapshots_create due to the attached error.

Request you to help me o this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

what do you enter on the selection screen? Have you maintained the customizing SAP Portfolio and Project Management -> Project Management -> Structure -> Define Permitted Version Numbers? Have you maintained a version header (valid + released) in the cProjects web UI?

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

These are the versions maintained in our development system customizing SAP Portfolio and Project Management -> Project Management -> Structure -> Define Permitted Version Numbers

Since I want Project version instead of Simulation I tried to maintain project version by selecting new entires but not able to do due to the below error.

So request your help here. I m not aware about the allowed namespace. Can you please guide me how do I maintain snapshot in my system and also maintaining of a version header (valid + released) in the cProjects web UI.

Thanks,

Akhilesh

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

I create project versions  directly in the project and they works fine but if I use the transaction it works only for a specific type :

For global versions  ( and with the flag 'extraction  to BW') the transaction is working and the version is created

For Local versions ( without the flag 'extraction to BW") I have the same message as you and the version is not created.

I have not idea of the reason..

I hope this can be useful,

Sara

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

there is a longtext behind the warning. That will show you the allowed namespaces. In general I would expect that everything starting with a letter works. E.g. SNP-*

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks a lot for giving the clarification on creating the snapshots.

As per your suggestion I have created a input template “ PV1’ for snapshot as shown in the screenshot.

Then I tried to create snapshot using the tcode dpr_snapshots_create for the project plan created in our system but getting below error. Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

after making the customizing settings, you need to create a version header. I don't have a system at my hand right now.

You create version headers via the web UI. The version header must be valid and released.

If you have done this, please double check the report.

If it still does not work, please attached a screenshot of the version header and the selection screen of the report. Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the reply.  If you do not mind could you please share the steps create version headers via the web UI which would so helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Steps to create a version Header :

Project and Portfolio Admin --> Project Version Administrator  --> Version type 'snapshot' --> select the tab Global/local ( depending on the version template you have configured)  --> Select one of the input template ( configured) --> In the version  you have to enter an ID according to the input template

Example : Input template 2012-XX -->  Then Version 2012-01 ( For example)

Enter name , and valid from - to , and release --> save it ( you have created a version Header)

Then you can create versions of your project using these Versions headers.

I hope this can be useful!!