cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Request/Trip Approval at 2 Levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our requirement is to approve the travel request at 2 levels. But in Request in PR05 / PR04, i can see approve button only 1. How to add one more approver here ? Can we achieve this by customization ?

Same thing for Expense report as well.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With respect to the whole internal processing in FI-TV dependant on the trip status directory, I would suggest "abusing" the ANTRG-status 5 (request on hold missing documents) and ANTRG-status 6 (trip on hold missing documents). In our business processes, we don't have a need for these statuses, but we do have two-level approvals.

There was at first the tought of using a workflow and just "reset" the statuses from 2-1 and 4-1 back to 1-1 and 3-1 and pass the workitems to the next approver. Workflow-wise this worked out but functionally and considering the behaviour of other components of the FI-TV it was a catastrophe.

So what we did, was abusing ANTRG-status 5 and 6 for "approved first level waiting for second", so our status process for second level approvals are:

1-1 -> 5-1 -> 2-1

3-1 -> 6-1 -> 4-2

This is working in a clean way (as far as we observed up until now). I can't promise you this is the best approach and of course you strip yourself of statuses 5-1 and 6-1 because you shouldn't/can't use it for anything else anymore then.

Hope this helps as an idea.

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: P.S. To answer your actual question, multi level approval isn't provided by SAP standard in FI-TV

0 Kudos

Lukas is right that this is not supported in the standard application.

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

I will check for the same and will get back to you in case of any issues.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Sorry but I did not understand the status change concept. Kindly elaborate.

We have used the concept of 2 level approval but unfortunately the end user is unable to understand from the status who has approved it.

We have to work to rectify this now.

Regards,

Avi

Answers (0)