cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is authorization object for create and edit resource in PPM. For few end users we are getting error saying "you are not authorized to create the data".

Also let me know is there is any way, we can determine missing autho. object like we do in SU53 in GUI autho. errors.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I think this is the authority object  B_BUPA_ATT (Business Partner : Authorization Types) that provides the authorization to create, edit resource.

You can also check if these user has assigned it.

Not very sure, please let us know if this is not enough..

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you both,

Issue resolved finally.. Its all about authorization object PLOG.

Pramod

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

It will be nice, if you share your solution with forum. Definitely it'll be useful to many mode here. As you said, we have SU53 to find out missing authorization object iin ECC system. How did you find it out for PPM 5.0 system? Did you use ST01?

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Amaresh,

I don't see, there is any other way except ST01 which is as easy as SU53. In above case I was having issue with authorization that even after identifying the object in ST01, I was not able to resolve it. ST01 does not provide the actual cause of problem as we see in SU53.

I hope this will be useful for all forum attendees.

Regards,

Pramod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I am not 100% about the authorizations to created resources.

You can use transaction ST01 to do an authorization trace. There you will see the authorization objects, that are checked from the web UI.

Best regards

Thorsten