cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD business process in pharma industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sd experts,

please have little patience and kindly let me know the business process of pharma industry, how do we map, if stocks are moving from plant to distributors and stockists. tell various kind of sales doccuments.

if am wrong, correct for processes, its very urgent for me.

warm regards,

jagadiish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to comments already posted, you need to know the functionality of Batch Management how it works in SAP.  This will play a major role in pharma industry.  Search the forum on this topic and take the inputs.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear mr. lakshmipathi,

am impressed by you suggestions.

I knew batch management is important  and also it was the integration of mm, pp, sd. i knew batch management process for SD. but i would like know what is product recall in pharma industry? how do we map this? related to sales reports.

warm regards,

jagadeesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jagadeesh,

Before going in to a detailed answer, two comments

- a member who has configured SD processes in the pharma industry could give you precise suggestions

- you (along with your SD team) would have to conduct some "brain-storming" sessions, to understand the business processes & the requirements of your client

Coming to some details:

In the first few discussions with the clients, try to get an overview, try to ascertain the bigger picture. In subsequent discussions you can go for details.

Furthermore, do not talk in SAP terminology but in generic / simple terms, so that the business-users can understand and inform you correctly.

What to ask -

1. Master data:

- How many, what kind of materials

- How many, who are (distributors, stockists etc.), what kind of Customers

2. Processes

- Standard OTC

- Rush

- Cash sale

- Credit / Debit

- Return

- Consignment

- Free goods

With the input from your client, you can investigate/prepare and then propose the processes applicable for the business.

Also the detailed configurations (e.g. RE reference to billing document, blocks, number ranges etc.)

3. Enterprise Structure

- Sales organizations, Distribution channels, delivering pants, shipping points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadeesh

You need to understand the process there and then need to map in the system.

how do we map, if stocks are moving from plant to distributors and stockists.

For all these things you need to understand what exactly they are doing there weather you can do this in sale or if they keep stock at distributors and stockists then fallow consignment process.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

am impressed by your suggestions.

if goods are damaged,

stocks need to return from stokist to distributor and distributor to plant( having doubt, ok stocks reached to depot while doing returns we are changing shipping coditions and plant and shipping point using shipping point determination. then problem comes here once stock reached, we did scrap in that plant, lets assume,we burnt it but in sap plant(depot) stock still be there, how do we remove stock once it is deleted from plant. we don't want see stock once it is scraped, how do we this scrap process with pricing for sale and scrap at plant it self(with out sale), in both cases how do we do this??? please help me on this, i need do this.

warm regards,

jagadeesh.