cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipient for Item Decision point status change workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem. I'm using Item Decision point status change workflow. And through IMG I have customized the recipient for the "Read" activity. Now it should ideally trigger for the person with the "Read" authority only which I will maintain at the Decision point's ACL.

But it is not working in that way, it is triggering workflow to the "Admin". If this is the case then why should there be option for configuring the workflow Recipients??!!! Or May be I am missing some settings. If somebody knows it or have worked on this, please do guide me.

Is it the case that, If I set the Recipient for the "Read" Authorization, then the admin by default will get all the rest authorizations so that he will get the workflow? If this is the case then this workflow is of no use. Because sometimes it is needed to trigger the workflow only to one or 2 concerned persons not to all. In such cases how shall we control on it??!

Experts please look into this issue & kindly get us some help.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system behaviour is correct since 'Read' authorizations are included into any higher authorization level ('Write' and 'Admin').

In other words,

Admin = {Admin, Write, Read}

Write = {Write, Read}

Read = {Read}

'Read' ACL workflow will be triggered for any user who has at least 'Read' access.