cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can parcel tracking status be updated after PGI? Also could someone please let me know how parcel tracking number be added at the item level?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the tracking number is usually provided by forwarding agent and it is only unique per agent number.

If you browse table VTRKH in SE11 transaction, you can check the primary key which is essentially

VBELN    VBELN (= delivery)

XSITD      XSITD   (= unique fwd agent number)    

You may track delivery/HUs in transaction VTRK. The status of the HUs/deliveries outside your SAP (after GI) is usually tracked by forwarding agent. You may configure the express shipping cockpit with a dynamic URL to the agent to receive status information of your HUs/deliveries.

So changing status (HU/delivery) inside SAP (on header/item level) is not necessary.

If you really need a status change inside your SAP system (e.g. becaue internet (the agent's URL) is not reachable for all your SAP SD users), you may use the URL to agent's tracking system, write some periodic ABAP job to receive html response from agent, parse this document and update e.g. a Z* table or a VTRKH/VTRKP table extension from the agent's html document.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthias. Appreciate your help.

Would you be in a position to provide me with an configuration steps or documents to configure Parcel Tracking at the item level.

I have gone through the online documents but they are very generic in nature.

Thanks,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nischa,

I'm happy that you have some new ideas how to solve your request.

The SAP XSI eXpress Shipping Interface (SAP XSI Cockpit) is a generic framework (as you already figured out) to integrate parcel tracking and other shiping relevant things. Because it's generic, each carrier (like FedEx, UPS,...) needs to be customized individually. So unfortunately, there is not "that's it!" document.

The SAP help (chapter tracking data)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/e5/29a5b512b511d3b481006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

is all I can provide.

Regards & good luck,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha -

I wanted to follow up on this and see if you still need help with this.  My company, Blue Harbors, has extensive experience implementing XSI and configuring the associated parcel tracking functionality. 

If you would like, go to http://blueharbors.com/contact/ & send us a message with your contact info and a couple of time slots when you are available to meet.  I'll get the message and schedule a meeting with our XSI guys.

Thanks -

Adam Young

Answers (0)