cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on Prd Implimentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have one doubt. Working on Implementation project.

i had build Dev and Quality.

Due to some issue, i have installed EHP4 first and upgraded to EHP6 for Dev and Quality.

Now it is time for Prod system. here i have one doubt. Instead of Installing EHP4 and again upgrade to EHP6 shall i perform system copy from Quality server?

is it good way? if not recommended, why it is?

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it is time for Prod system. here i have one doubt. Instead of Installing EHP4 and again upgrade to EHP6 shall i perform system copy from Quality server?

Definitely not if respective QA system has been extensively used or modified in any way.

is it good way? if not recommended, why it is?

Production system should start empty and filled with settings which have undergone thorough testing. If we copied the system from QAS system, it is almost impossible to make sure that unwanted data or unwanted modification/customizing won't be carried over during the copy process.

Imho, it is better to start fresh and use transport management tools to manage the changes.

-Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Many thanks for your reply.

if Quality system is empty, is it ok to build prd with copy of quality?

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

if Quality system is empty, is it ok to build prd with copy of quality?

Theoretically yes, it is fine to use empty QAS as source export to production. But you will be dealing with entirely new problem dimension. Depending on system copy method there are system copy - post activities need to be done.

System-copy method introduced your new system to new array of problems or risks which normally won't appear in new installation method.

Unless you are entirely sure about what you are going to do and valid reason to justify it, I still recommend new installation. It takes more time to setup but prevent unneccesary risks,

If you decide to go with system copy then one more thing, you need to make sure this activity won't nullify whatever service/support covered within your SLA with SAP Support.

-Henry