Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which hardware HANA vendors supporting SLES 11 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community.

Simple question.

Could you please give info about - which hardware vendor certified and supporting HANA-appliance on SLES 11 SP2.

In PAM i am only see HP (only scale-up configuration).

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now end of April.

Who (from vendors) is support HANA on this ?

https://www.suse.com/products/sles-for-sap/features/service-pack-2.html

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail

I've checked the latest PAM on HANA (end March 2013) and it shows the following vendors with support for SLES 11 SP2

• Single Node:
    • Cisco
    • HP
  • Scale Out
    • Cisco
    • NEC

What is now suggested is that for the hardware - software combination - depending on the vendor is the minimum levels required for the OS.

My interpretation of this is as follows:

1. When the vendor supplies the HANA appliance, it is preconfigured with the latest software, for  example: SAP HANA 1.0 SP3 and OS SLES 11 SP1.
  2. Once the appliance is delivered and installed, then you have to upgrade the SAP HANA 1.0 SP3 version to SAP HANA 1.0 SP5 (or the latest revision).
  3. Also one can update the Service Package on the OS level as well, refer to the SAP HANA Technical Operations Manual (http://help.sap.com/hana/hana_tom_en.pdf, Page 16, section 2.5.1)

Although one will have to contact the vendor that one bought the hardware from regarding the support of the OS support packages.

Regards

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Derek very much.

By the way - i can't see IBM in this list of supporters.

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PAM always reflect the last information from SAP. If you still need confirmation, you may open an OSS message on following components

BC-DB-HDB SAP HANA database

BC-HAN SAP HANA Appliance

Also verify the below OSS notes for more info on SAP certified hardware for implementing hana

1514967 - SAP HANA: Central Note

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/0001514967?nlang=E1652078 - SAP HANA database: Hardware check

1658845 - Recently certified SAP HANA hardware not recognized

Hope it helps to find out the information you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas.

Thank's for information,  but i can't find what i need.

Again. Simple question with simple answers.

Example.

Vendor | Supported SLES 11 SP2 or not

HP -  scale-up  - supported, scale-out - not supported.

IBM - ...

DELL - ...

FUJITSU - ...

Who can provide  officiall info - please posting here. Thank you.

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mikhail,

I verified the PAM for all the available SAP HANA editions and can see that only SLES 11 SP1 is only supported by all vendors.

Check this pdf

It has all the information you asked for. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srinivas K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Page 4

HP -   SLES for SAP Applications 11 SP 2

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's right. Please be informed that SLES for SAP applications 11 SP2 only has to be used and not the regular SP2 of SLES 11.

Note 1310037 - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11: Installation notes

Hope the pdf helped you to some extent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,  SLES SLES for SAP applications 11 SP2 <> SLES 11 SP2  ?

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail

The differences between the versions are listed below:

CategorySLES 11SLES for SAP 11
SoftwareSUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
An installation wizard for automated installation workflow, providing seamless integration of SAP application and operating system installation and including an AutoYaST interface to allow third-party software in the automated installation workflow
Support for clustered solutions with NFS, as well as optional support for OFCS for parallel file access
Support for large in-memory workloads, to optimize paging behavior of Linux for large in-memory databases and applications
Stack validation for single- and multi-node instances
ServicesSix months interval between service packsAn extended service pack that overlaps support to allow customers to run the next to last service pack for 18 months instead of six months
Depends on the subscription levelSUSE Linux Enterprise Priority Support (optional) provides 24x7 support from SAP and SUSE seamlessly through SAP Solution Manager
SAP-specific, dedicated update channel for maintenance and updates

Regards

Derek