Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import map update issue

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My issue is that I have an existing map that works fine, but the source schema is changing to add a few new fields.  I need to map the new fields to my existing material repository.

What is the best way to make such a change.Please suggest the steps to be performed. How can I update the import manager mappings .I need to recreate a new map or I should update the current map.

also what should be the file type that I should connect in  order to update the existing map-XML or XML Schema.

Is there any need to update the XML Schema in console as well for this requirement?

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Div,

Please update the thread and let us know if comments provided above were of any help?

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Div,

You can add new field in import manager while importing the file information in repository in source hierarchy.

If field does not exist in destination hierarchy, you have to create the field/table in console which will reflect in repository ans then you can map.

To update the map, there is option in import manager to save and update.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Div,

When ever u meet a new change in MDM repository structure lik adding or deleting new fileld, u can do those changes in the repository first, then u can update the repository schema, then u need to either refresh the xml schema or either u can also rename it. In the import manager u can update in the same map and click save update.

Hope this is useful

regards

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Div,

I will answer your immediate questions first before explaining the import steps.

If the newly added fields in the repository are already not available in xml schema then Yes, XML schema must be updated as per requirement and schema must be replaced in Console.

To answer second question - Certainly, You can update the already existing map. In my opinion that would be the best option saving time and excess work.

Since xml schema will be updated with new fields and loaded in Admin table of MDM console, file type should be XML schema.

Now, I will try to explain steps to achieve this import action:

1.Unload repository

2.Update xml schema with newly added fields & replace with older schema under Admin table "XML Schemas".

3.Remember to refresh xml schema name under ports since schema is changed now.

4.Load repository

5.Prepare a sample xml file with new fields(containing already existing fields and newly added fields)

6.Import the sample xml file and load the existing map

7.Once map is loaded , you will see the newly added fields under source fields section.

8.Map source fields to destination fields and click on Save update. This will overwrite the existing map.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Div,

Follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Add the new fields in XML schema, if you do not have them your XML schema. If you have those fields in schema then just refresh you XML schema under Admin-->XML Schema node, in Console.
  2. Check, if you have created new fields in your repository, if not then create them and Start Repository with Update Indices option.
  3. Connect with your repository using Import manager.
  4. Open the sample XML file (Sample file must be XML format), open your existing map (There is no need to create a new map).
  5. Do the necessary field mapping and save your map using Save Update option.

Thx/ -Tarun