Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on importing RFCs in NWDS 7.3 version

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Im Govardan , working on nwds 7.3 , i imported 3 rfcs from r/3 and again due to structure change when im trying to re import them, im getting an error as shown below

*****************************************************************Start of the Error**************************************************************************************

method: doReimportDynRfc2Model -> Adaptive RFC2 model reimport failed      [Error: com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc2.wizard.ARFC2ModelCreationWizard  Thread[ModalContext,6,main]]

Exception Stack Trace :

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc2.reimport.ARFC2ReImporter.getNewModel(ARFC2ReImporter.java:157)

at com.sap.ide.cmi.core.reimport.ReImporter.doReimport(ReImporter.java:288)

at com.sap.ide.cmi.core.reimport.ReImporter.populateAndGetImportLog(ReImporter.java:366)

at com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc2.wizard.ARFC2ModelCreationWizard$2.run(ARFC2ModelCreationWizard.java:458)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

*********************************************************End of Error******************************************************************************************************

and the Reimport Log is empty

kindly assist me in solving the same ......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

try to remove already imported ARFC2 model which you want to reimport and import it again, but you should be careful with context nodes names. It may change and then you need to rename it as it was before or to fix your java source code.

In my experience the way has worked

Good luck

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Anton Shypkov,

your solution works , but in case the Already imported ARFC2 model has more rfcs like 10 to 15 and now i have another one 16th rfc that i need to import in that case  how to over come with out disturbing the existing ones ... it will be help full if we dont delete the existing one ...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U have tow option to resolve this issue.

1. Restart portal server

2. Or else u can invalidate your jco models that used for that particular RFC .

Please check . i think this will sure work.

Thanks and regards,

Meghal shah

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal shah

Restarting portal server and invalidation of Jcos didnt work , as it was working usually in NWDS 7.0.14 ... im using the portal 7.3 and netweaver 7.3

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Ya I am also working on  portal 7.3 and this solution worked for me as well.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

let me try and get back to you thanks for your reply and meghal shah i have another issue , in NWDI , on usage of dependent dcs i have already posted that today can u please help me out ....

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Govardan raj,

ya sure. just let me know the issue or thread link so that i can help u in right direction.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3296550

this is the thread ........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After re import please do

Invalidate the cache or restart the J2ee engine server.

Note: Please check you have mapped corresponding RFC structure to the context attribute.

Regards,

Manivannan P