cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXDB Backup to disk

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

We are implementing SAP PLM. Our document storage is SAP Content server 6.4 using the 7.8 MAXDB backend.  We are having and issue with the backups. Right now all of our ECC systems backup the Oracle DBs to a mount point on a separate dedicated backup server. I have tried to configure the same situation using DBA Studio but cannot get the backup to write. Every time I trigger the backup I get the attached error. The user that is logged into the server is a network user that is has DB operator priviledges and full control of the backup directories on the backup server.  The backup template type is file and the file name is declared in this format \\servername\share\share\filename.bak.  I can find an adequate description for device type external in the backup templates. Sorry for attaching the file but I cannot get the contents to paste.

Thank You

Troy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

All servers are windows 2008 R2

MAXDB version is 7.8

C:\Windows\system32>xinstinfo SDB

IndepData           : E:\sapdb\data

IndepPrograms       : F:\sapdb\programs

InstallationPath    : G:\sapdb\SDB\db

Kernelversion       : KERNEL    7.8.02   BUILD 026-121-243-456

Rundirectory        : G:\sapdb\SDB\data\wrk\SDB

Cybersecurity regulations at our site prevent the mapping of a network drive between servers

thus the reason we make this declaration in the ECC servers.

backup_root_dir = (\\spr-bu4\sapbackup\DEVBackup)

Sorry for the delay in the reply got caught up in a mini-crisis

Troy

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Troy,

If you want to back up data to a data carrier on a remote computer, perform the steps described in Database Administration, Backing Up and Restoring Data with Remote Computers, document.

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_8/44/d7a7baa8f42754e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You got the error:

-903 Host file I/O error3,Data backup failed113,Open medium on \\spr-bu4\Cntbckup\SDBbackup\SDBComplete.bak for WRITE failedServertask Info: because Error in backup task occuredJob 1 (Backup / Restore Medium Task) [executing] WaitingT95 Result=3700Error in backup task occured, Error code 3700 "hostfile_error"1,Open file \\spr-bu4\Cntbckup\SDBbackup\SDBComplete.bak failed, CreateFile(WRITE,CREATE) returned 'The network name cannot be found. ' (67)

Please update the thread with additional information:

What is the OS of the database server?

What is the version of the database?

Post output of the command: xinstinfo <DB-SID>

If The database is running on Windows server, for example, map the network drive to folder  \\spr-bu4\Cntbckup\SDBbackup. Check that “SDB Operators” group could  CreateFile(WRITE,CREATE),

Change the backup template definition for <location>/file to <drive>: SDBComplete.bak

Create the database backup & update with results.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina