cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unapproved / approved devices on Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are using Afaria 7 with SP1 Hfx 7 and 17, which is configured to not automatically approve devices (both in server configuration and enroll policy). We enroll iOS device, and Afaria prompt a message "the client is not approved". So we go to the server and make it approved in order to begin MDM relationship with this client. As the document(administrationReference) says on "Device Reenrollment" Section, we tried to reenroll, but during the process the client becomes unapproved again so Config Payload  can't be installed....again. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

Try this:

1. Try to enroll your iOS device. You get unapproved error.

2. Approve it in Admin UI

3. on iOS device, go to settings --> afaria --> reset enrollment

4. Try to enroll again by giving enrollment code. This time it should succeed as client (device) is already approved.

I never tried this for iOS device but in our BB case, we try to enroll and get unapproved error. Then i go and approve the client. From BB client, again i give the same enrollement details and it works but in iOS case where MDM comes into picture above mentioned steps should work.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear Abhishek...

We followed those same steps... and it did not works. It seems to enter to a dead lock or something... because we make the device approved and then do the re-enrollment ... and it gets unapproved again... and like this on and on.... maybe is a bug but i did not find out any OSS note or KB talking about this...and there is no Hfx to make this work....

Regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

Hmm... Could you please provide server logs? I would like to know from logs why device needs approval again.

Once you approve device, just check that it comes under clients. Also, what you are picking for client name (device id, name, etc)?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vivek_Das
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MC,

Can you modify the settings and check.

Only keep the enrollment policy to not approve device automatically and change the Server settings to approve the device automatically.

rest of the steps you follow will be the same.

Regards

Vivek Das