Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCN Profile automatically updated with data from Service Marketplace

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I've just noticed that my profile were recently automatically updated with the information from SAP Service Marketplace (e.g. service.sap.com). First and last names (spelling is different there), Company, Address - all of these were taken from Service Marketplace without any notification.

What is the reason for that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

SMP is the source for all profile information of s-user accounts. This is the reason why certain SCN profile fields are locked when using a s-user ID.

Please head over to SMP and do the profile changes there. All changes should get synced into SCN with the next login.

Best,

Oliver

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Oliver.

Thank you for your answer. But actually fields are not locked at all in my profile (using S-user). Only primary e-mail is locked.

And I didn't change anything in SMP but SCN profile was updated from there. What I mean is for instance there was my first name like Andrey in SMP. And here on SCN I changed it to Andrei (correct spelling) long time ago. But recently I've noticed that it changed back to Andrey again. I was able to change it to Andrei once more. And it's still there (logged in and out for some times already). And my question is when will it be syncronized and will it be at all?

BTW, just noticed in SMP that:

You cannot change first name or surname that are recorded for your user ID. If you require a name change,open a customer message using component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR.Note: name changes must not be used to transfer ownership of your user ID to another person. The sole purpose of a name change is to correct spelling mistakes or reflect changes in your marital status.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

first, can you please post the picture again/edit it? For me it doesn't show here.

S-users should not be able to change certain user profile information because they get synced from SMP. A sync back to SMP is not possible due to technical reasons.

I'll investigate the issue and file a bug report to get it fixed. Will keep you in the loop.

Best,

Oliver

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver, sure I can.

And also external link for your reference: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-i-mDMlF3G_X2xXUF9DWWp1REk

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

I've filed a bug report and added it to . With the holidays ahead don't expect anything here getting fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Best,

Oliver

Answers (0)